Spider III HD150 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III HD150

Price paid: € 325

Purchased from: Second hand

The guitar I use is a ESP LTD EC-50 with Lh-150 and its amazing with this amp. Great for hardcore and metalcore but I don't really think its like good for a music style like blues or punk. There's a noise gate build in the amp and a chromatic tuner. The clean channel is ok and doesn't get distorted at louder volumes. You can get from a really crunchy distortion to a really clear brutal distortion.

This amp is definatly good for hardcore and metalcore (it isn't a Peavey but its great for the price). I've been playing guitar for almost 2 years and I own a ESP Ltd Ec-50. I would definatly buy it again if it was stolen or lost because its great for the price. If I could I would buy a Peavey 6505+ head or a Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier but those are so expensive and this rig can do the job so I'm happy =).

This amp is loud enough for gigs and rehearsels IF you get a second speaker cable otherwise you will blow up the amp because you only use 75watts on one side and nit the other side. No problems with it yet and I hope I never will.

This amp is made in 2008 I think. It has a Clean, Blues, Crunch, Metal and Insane channel (every channel has a red and green sound). There are 4 custom slots to store your own sound on and 400+ presets. There's a mp3 line in, headphone jack out, pedalboard/podcast jack out and Left and Right (8ohms for your cabinet) jacks. It has a lot of effects like different kins of reverb, delay, phaser, ... Its a 150 watt modeling amp that can be used with a Line 6 412 cabinet or any other one. I play hardcore and metalcore in a band so this amp is perfect for me. Note: standard there is 1 speaker cable (left or right) but you need to buy a second one if you want to use the full power of the amp.

Cujo2
    A friend of mine gave me this amp and i love it but after reading the posts I am very concerned. I Have a Peavey 6505 4X14 slant cab and it only has one input...the head has two outputs. I plugged in the left output into the cab and it worked great I am in a residential area and haven't cranked it more than a few times with now issues. This was all before i read about the "must use two cables " thing. Could I use a split (two into one) cable or just sell the head and hopefully find a cheep enough head to use with my Peavey cab? Or do i just use Left out and hope for the best?
    Cujo2
    oops I meant Peavey 6505 4X12 not 4X14 I sorry for the confusion.
    VengefulTANK17
    i have had this amp for just over 2 years and it already crapped out on me.. it was in my bedroom for about 1 3/4 years so there is no excuse on why it broke.. i played it every other day too.. plus i only played about 5 shows with it and it was mic'ed so i didnt have to blast the volume.. The head would hold a steady volume and then would drop after 2 minutes of playing, which gets annoying very quick.. After this started happening i looked for my warranty papers from GC, called them up asking if they could fix it becuz it was only 1 DAY out of warranty and they said no.. so i went out and bought a randall rh150 G3 plus with 2 Randall 400w cabinets.. best decision ever haha.. if you are on a cheap budget like i was then this amp MIGHT be ok.. especially if you plan on playing it in your room.. the effects are cool.. but like i said it didnt last barely 2 years.. be CAUTIOUS!!!
    Jim #4
    TDAJGuitarist wrote: DONT GET THIS AMP IF YOU ARE PLAYING SHOWS!!!!! They blow up if you crank it and at a show...you need to crank it...I went through three of these damn things in a total of 5 months....I just switched to a B-52 AT-100 Triple Rectifier with a Digitech Grunge Pedal and a Boss Noise Suppresor...I am in a metal band and that set up works great...I highly recomend it. I will say...The line 6 sounds good and are great for recording, or quiet at home practice, but they cant at all handle loud volume....And dont get it if your looking for clean tones cuz they sound like crap clean.
    i use this thing for 3 years now and giggin regularly. it never failed and it went through some hard travels and even was carried with a small boat with water pouring inside... very solid if connected right!