Spider III HD75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider III HD75

Purchased from: friend

I use a Cort KX5 with it and it sounds awesome. Really raw and expressive. I used to play metal with it but when my band changed styles it seemed to fit into it's new role pretty faultlessly. Many people say this amp sucks but I really have nothing bad to say about it. I've always been able to get a sound I like out of it. The distortion on insane is just that. It gives out some brutal chug if you wanted to but it can also give a beautiful warm crunchy tones. Not that you'd buy one for that. This amp is best for heavier music. The clean channel remains clean throughout the ranges of volumes I have ever used. Even at gigs. I've never had it past twelve o'clock on the master dial. I've never had any buzz or hum from it either when the guitar is turned all the way to zero, which has a lot less stressful than having the hum constantly when on the distortion channels.

I really do love this amp. I'm gutted I have to sell it. But it's for funds for a new set up. It suits metal very very well and the heavier side of music. I've been playing for three years but this last year since I joined my band I've not played as much. Whenever I've played gigs or written songs with it I've found it nothing but a joy. I wouldn't buy it again if it was lost but only because I now think I should move on to something higher up the ranks. It's nothing to do with the amp. Maybe a year or two ago I would have. Don't get me wrong you can use it for gigging no matter what your skill. But now I'm more into Blackstar and Marshall and orange. If you are looking for good quality for a cheap price this is your amp. Especially if you're playing heavier music such as post hardcore and metal.

This has held up very well. It has a few bumps on it but apart from that there's nothing I can really say is wrong with it's reliability. I've used it for many gigs without a back up. I never even gave it a thought because it's just been so solid. It's never broken down on me and it's never even lasped in performance.

I'm not too sure where or when this was made as I bought it from a friend. It has four channels. Clean, crunch, metal and insane. I always used to use insane when I played songs in my room but metal is what I play it on mostly. It also has four different effects on one dial. All basic but they sound good when used properly. I mainly use other effects pedals anyway. It's a solid state amp but you can get some serious bite out of it. It sounds great for metal.

halofreakin559
    How could you possibly say it doesn't get a very light distortion the crunch channel is entirely light distortion. In fact i Just turn the distortion all the way down and use it as a second clean channel. Do you actually own the amp or are you just blowing smoke up everyones ass