Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I am using an Agile Al 2000( Les Paul, tter than any Epiphone) that has two humbuckers and I can achieve any style if tweaked right theough this amp. I get no feedback due to the noise reduction feature of this model. There are multitude of sounds and tones you can get even though it is only 15w. The metal and insane settings are great for the brutal death and heavy music genres. I can get a better clean sound on crunch with low Drive. The actual clean channel sounds hollow and spacy.

This amp is a good match for any style, I have played with all the effects. It really suits what I play and I am glad I bought it. I am using my Agile and I have an Ibanez GRX20 ( I don't use it much anymore) I also have a Roland 15x cube which sounds amazing on the clean channel but I like the distortion better on the Line 6. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again or maybe the 75 watt due to the amount of presets on it. But this amp is well worth the 99 bucks I paid.

This a very sturdy piece of equipment. I hope it will last a long time since I don't have tons of money to drop on amps. ALl the knobs and buttons do not feel cheap or ready to come off like on other low end amps. I have not had it long enough to know if it will break down, but it doesn't give me any problems and I put a ton of hours on it.

I got this amp in September it had only been out about a month or so. I bought it from Musicians Friend and I got it in about three days after ordering it. I have played with all the buttons and knobs and have gotten some really nice tones. I play rock and hard rock/metal. It has four channels, but you can read the specs on any website that carries this amp. I use this amp at home because of limited space. Besides who needs a bigger amp unless you gig. It's loud as hell. I like the fact that it is compatible with the FBV pedal. Overall I love this amp.

motor03
    I couldn't tell you. I'm pretty impressed with the IV. It's better than what I expected. I play everything from Cream to Kiss to Pantera and it all sounds good but I've never compared the two.
    motor03
    I picked one up recently and thought the phaser was screwed up until I read the instructions (I'm a guy, I usually don't "do" instructions). The amp comes preset from the factory with what they think are good settings. They can be reset by holding down the channel button for a few seconds. The lights will all light up and then it's reset.
    ninja12
    hey guys im trying to get this amp for chrismas. is there a lot of difference between this spider 4 15 and the spider 3 15?
    ninja12
    motor03 wrote: Hey Ninja, From the Line 6 Website-- "The Spider IV 15 amp models have been revoiced, the back is now a "3/4" style,and there is now an FBV controller jack for the FBV2 or FBX Express pedal."
    do u no if they sound quality is much better than the spider 3 or is it pretty much the same? thx