Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

I'm using it with a Squier Strat with stock pickups and I feel it suits me well. I have to be careful when switching the settings on the guitar and the amp at the same time though because occasionally it comes out as very bad noise. I actually hate the Insane setting, I feel it just appeals to the "Louder is Better" crowd and really mucks up the sound. Pretty much everything about the first 3 presets, clean, crunch and metal is great though and with some minor adjustments metal turned out to be my favorite setting

I just totally love this amp. For somebody on a budget this is their dream amp that can make them feel up in the big leagues if they know how to use it. Again I love the reverb setting and the metal channel. The only major drawbacks are the lack of a pedal and the insane channel. Of course if it were lost or stolen I would likely save up to buy an even better amp but probably stick with Line 6. This is my first "Real" amp and Line 6 has made me into a loyal costumer.

I've owned this thing going on a year so I can't really rate this catagory well. It has survived a few drops with no scratches and I have yet to have even the slightest problem with it. I can't see what's in this amps future but I'll give it a high score for now

This amp is from 2006 and a it fits almost all styles of music perfectly for me. I play mostly Ska, Punk, and occasionally some classic rock. At first I didn't think that it was so good for punk in particular but after playing with the settings on the amp I was able to get a great UK '77 type style by turning the Drive down on the metal setting. It has some great features including the effects, my favorite being reverb for that surf rock and occasionally tremelo. I never find myself using Phaser or Flanger settings which come off to me as cheap novelties. I'm in a garage band so this is perfect for me to turn it up over the drummer but can go soft enough to practice at home.

I Sikth I
    itstheman wrote: The Spider IV is definitely an improvement, I played the amp for an hour or two at Guitar Center. It's got a fuller, bigger sound, but I still dislike how digital it sounds -- though to untrained ears it will sound great. A good practice amp for a beginner, but after you play bigger and better things you'll never feel right using this to play in the van or anything -- would rather use a Vypyr in that situation.
    Agreed, the spider sound sucks in comparison to a decent amp. My brother has an IbanezS520ex, 2 joe satriani style humbuckers, sounds awful thru the old spider III 15 watt amp, digital and lacking in depth.
    kirky boy
    If you wanted a modelling amp you should have got a preavey vypyr. Nuf said
    motor03
    Yes, you can reprogram the channels easily. Set it to how you want it and hold down the preset button for a few seconds. It's like changing a preset on a car stereo.
    XtremesWolf
    i own a spider 3 15w and its a good amp for a beginner, when you get better , you should change it period, like your guitar