Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Beacock's Music

I have a homeade stratocaster, with basic pickups, so I'm not going to complain about the sound and besides its my first guitar. It makes a decent variety of sounds, which is pretty cool, and clean stays clean, and distorted stays distorted, unless you mess with the Drive knob. The distortion on Metal sounds allright, but Insane just sounds straight up bad in my opinion. I'd recommend a Boss MetalCore pedal if you want really good distortion.

I've been playing for about 3 years now, and before this I used a Park G10, and compared to that this is a huge improvement. I got this as a birthday gift, but if it did get stolen, I'd definitely buy a bigger one, 50-150watt, if not something else because those have all the good features and effects on them. I recommend this as a starter amp, but I wish I had one of the larger sized ones, because I wish it had all the effects that the bigger sizes did.

I've only had it for 9 months, and it hasn't had a problem since, and I carry it back and forth from friends' house. It is only a 15watt though, so I would never use it at a gig (unless a tiny one). I play almost everyday, if not everyday, and I don't neglect it.

The Line 6 Spider IV 15watt was made in 2009. I play metal/hard rock, so it has the basic levels of distortion I need. It has 4 channels: Clean (A), Crunch (B), Metal (C), Insane (D). You have to buy the FBVexpress MKII, or FBVmini pedal if you want to be able to Switch channels and not have to press the button on the amp. And I personally think the Insane setting sounds like crap. The only I effect I pretty ever use and barely use, is reverb. All the rest have you stoked to use them, like flanger, tremolo, phaser, sweep echo, but they are pretty much pointless unless you really really need them. One effect it really needs is a Looping function, but it pretty much has everything you need cable wise: Headphone and Mp3 input.