Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Hix Bros.

This amp is great for all styles of music including Rock, Alternative, Metal, and Blues. This amp can be noisy in small spaces (such as a bedroom). I use mine in my basement, allowing me to be able to have the volume louder. As you can see from the features section, the amp has a large variety of sounds it can make, making it perfect for guitarists of all different styles. The distortion on Insane can be brutal at high volumes, but insn't really bad. The amp doesn't make buzzing noises compared to the Squier SP-10.

The Line 6 Spider IV 15 is a great match for the styles of music I play (Alternative, Hard Rock and Metal). After owning guitar for 5 months, it is still in great shape and operates correctly. My guitar (Starcaster by Fender Stratocaster) doesn't go well with the amp because of the pickups being sensitive. My favorite feature on this amp is the Chorus Flange effect. You can use this effect as Chorus, Chorus Flange, or Flanger. I prefer Flanger over all of them because it sounds good with the styles I play. This is a much better amp then the Squier SP-10, which came with my guitar. I still do wish it had a delay effect. Overall, this a great amp for beginner and pro guitarists who need a small amp.

I can depend on this amp highly due to the fact that it manufactured really well. The amp has never had any problems and don't think it will at all. I would use this amp without a backup due to it's high quality. My Squier SP-10 had lots of problems that this amp doesn't.

Effects: Chorus Flange Phaser Tremolo Sweep Echo Tape Echo Channels: Clean (Clean) Crunch (Light Distortion) Metal (Heavy Distortion) Insane (Very Heavy Distortion + Tape Echo) Knobs: Drive Bass Treble Mid Channel Vol. Master Vol. Other Features: Built-in Electronic Tuner Headphone/Record Out Jack FBV Jack Handle Compatible with FBV2 and FBV Express MkII Tap Tempo (For Sweep Echo, Tape Echo and Tremolo) Overall, the features of this amplfier are great. I do wish that that there was a delay effect built-in also. The Crunch Channel is great for playing "Sunshine Of Your Love" and The Metal Channel is great for playing "Sweet Child O'Mine" and Crazy Train".