Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Alto Music

This amps vary from clean, chilling sounds, to Nirvana type crunch and grundge, to Van Halen, A7X, Killswitch Engage sounding Metal Channel, and the perfect mix of the other 3 in the famous Insane channel. I use a Dean with Stock Pickups in it and even with stock pickups, the amp sounds awesome! Pinch harmonics are a breeze, hammerons and pulloffs never loose sustain, tapping is great. I play metal, period. All metal and heavy metal and the "Metal" channel on this amp is amazing. All I do is turn on metal channel, turn bass and treble all the way up, mid all the way down, and dist around 50% to 100%. There is relativley no hum what so ever. I can just pick up my guitar and strum and be suprised to hear that my amp was even on. Honestly.

This amp is perfect for every type of music. Mostly Rock and Metal though. Overall if you have $100 and need or want to upgrade in amps, get this without even thinking about it or doubting. GET IT! Just reading this review should give you enough of a reason to buy it. And Guess what, I didn't even test this out in the store. I saw it, asked for it, got it for Christmas and am completely staisfied.

I would and will deffinetly use this on stage with no cabs, pedals, or effects or anything like that. I am confident in this amp to deliver everyhting it has when I am on stage. It has never broken down at all. I can crank it til my house shakes or play it quietly to myself while people around me are sleeping and the sound never changes or the tubes never crapped out at any point.

This is the ultimate of all beginner to intermediate amplifiers on the market in my opinion. With 4 preprogramed channels, Clean, Crunch, Metal, and the infamous Insane channel. Dist, Treb, Bass, Mid dials. A built in tuner. 6 effects knobs ranging from 2 echos, Reverb, Phaser, Chorus effect, and tremolo. An mp3 jack, pedal input, headphone input, and a delay button.

Sechter
    Wow... Ppl actually love this thing O.O I have this amp and i think it sounds uber muddy on distortion and reeally bad on cleans. ive had to resort to driving a tonelab direct into the cd/aux in of the amp to get a 'warm' tone.
    flyfshr
    just bought one for $100. not a bad little practice amp, I live in an apartment anyhow where the jobless welfare neighbors bang on their ceiling just for me walking across the floor, it's got overdrive and distortion and some reverb which is the only things I use playing 80's metal. so yeah, not a high end amp but good enough for most of us who just play for fun