Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Line 6: Spider IV 15

When i bought this amp I was looking for a Hard Rock/Bluesy (Guns n' Roses, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith etc...) tone which I couldnt find uing this amp alone. I use an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I tried using a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, and I found the best tone soo far(at bedroom volumes), but guess what, the tone got muddy and more distorted as I turned the volume knob past.

Overall, I think this amp is a pretty amazing deal for its price, but it just isnt right for me. Don't get me wrong, if you're looking for a cheap amp with brutal distortion, and muddy tones at high volumes, then this is the amp for you! BTW;I would deffinetly reccomend this amp to beginers ;)

I wouldn't gig this amp at all because of the muddy tones that are produced at high volumes. This amp can play along with drums (volume). This amp hasn't broken down on me so far, but my previous Line 6 Spider III 30watt suddenly just stopped working.One day i was playing it, and the next day it just wouldn't turn on.

I bought this amp 7 months ago and i have to say, at first i was pretty impressed. The Insane channel is just insane. It provides a face-melting lead tone when using the neck pickup. Harmonics screaaam on this channel. I think the Metal channel is ok. It sounds muddy and I don't use it at all. The crunch channel is decent, but also muddy. The Clean chanell is good at low volumes, but once you go past 9'00 o'clock the tone getts muddy. The Reverb is really good and so is the delay, but the tremelo, phaser, and flanger that come with the amp aren't that great(in my opinion). After a couple of hours of playing my impression of the amp changed.

Pearl kk?
    i have a problem with the headphones jack, when im on stage i usually mic the amps, but i got this one from a friend, and he said it was good and hes used it along time, but when i saw/heard how AMAZING it was, i didnt want to screw with a mic and have something bad happen to the sound, so i pluged it in with the headphone ack, and it contiuned to sound like it was loose, and like it was spinning around ('yall know ur guitarists, u know the horrid sound i speak of) and when i tried to jiggle it, it didnt move and it made the sound worse, do any of you know how i could fix this problem?
    Quantumdriven
    Help! I've fallen while amp shopping and can't get up. Because of finances I can't afford the Sundown 35 watt amp and the additional postage. So it looks like I better get this damn Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt sucker. I'm only game for another amp because my son-a-biatchin' Ibanez TB 15R locks me out of the Gain knob on clean channel. So, my question is: Can I use Gain on the clean channel with this mofo? I understand from the reviews that this biatch does a lot, but I need to know if it's got a "Middle" and "Reverb" knobs-- I think it does, but am not sure because of how Line6 labels its crap. Please msg me here or at MajesticMeteor@yahoo.com with answers to my whining, please. As stated, I'm only game for an amp if it has a Gain knob and lets me use it on clean channel. And I need those Reverb and Middle knobs too. These things together are actually hard to find all together on affordable crap like this, believe me. I do hope that an owner of one of these biatches gets back with me. Thank-you. --Sonney
    TomGale
    TomGale wrote: IF YOU HAVE A COMPUTER
    fail! lol... what I was trying to say, was that this amp sucks... for beginners, fair enough, it has loads of different sounds... but they are all pretty bad in the grand scheme of things... If you have a computer.. I suggest getting some kind of virtual amp software like POD Farm or Amplitube or something like that.. its cheaper, and if you want sound variety that's the best way to go.