Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Nevada Music

The distortion is pretty brutal on the metal channel, but on the insane channel, it has that swarm of bees type sound, and it just gives me headache. I use my Epiphone SG G-400, so it sound brilliant. It's only 15 watt, but extremely loud! It can be used for all genres of music. The clean channel can sound a bit distorted on a high setting, but I turn the overdrive down, so its no longer distorted.

I play mostly Hard rock, Metal, Classic rock and the odd Blues. It can handle all of these genres. If it got stolen, I'd definitely a new one. I'm so glad I bought this. There's nothing I HATE about this, but I love the dry clean sound. I've been playing for 2 years, I use this amp with my Epiphone SG G-400, with a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion pedal, and it sounds amazing, even without the pedal. It has everything I need.

This amp is very reliable. It has never broken down, I never need backup during band practice.

4 channels, Clean, Crunch, Metal, and Insane. They all sound amazing. There is a headphone jack, I use this amp for home practice, but it can bee good for band practice too, but unsuitable for gigging, obviously. There are 6 effects, chorus flange, trembolo, reverb and 3 others. I never use these because I never need to.