Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: the local shop in wichita falls texas

It sounds okay, nothing special. If run a cheapo guitar through it, you can definitely tell. If you run a nice guitar through it, it won't sound fantastic but it will get you by. I just use it as a practice amp and play everything form heavy metal to jazz on it, and it does quite well for what it is. It's not noisy at all, not very loud, and it has an okay variety of sounds. None of them are spectacular but the insane channel's distortion would be pretty decent if it had more power.

Not too bad. I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to a decent practice amplifier. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably buy the next one up on price, but probably another amplifier altogether. In general, it's a great deal for the price, and for how much it costs it's really not that bad. I originally bought it after boot camp while in tech school after my grandparents shipped my guitar so I could play it. I love that it's simple to operate and has little to no maintaining, but I hate that it's got all these sub par effects that I never use.

I've had it for almost 3 years. It went through airport baggage, I've dropped it, moved it all over the place. It's pretty solid. Light weight, solid state. This amp has never broken down once, but it has never really been pushed much past practice volumes. This get's a 10 just because I've never had a problem with it.

The Spider 4 is my current practice amp. Not sure when it was made, but I bought it two years ago. This amp is versatile enough for practicing and writing songs, and I even made a few recordings with it (low quality, but it gets the music down so it doesn't get lost). There are 4 channels. Clean, crunch, metal, and insane. I only really use the clean and insane channels. The other two are kind of useless. You can EQ all the channels, and it's got some cheesy effects, standard reverb and delays, phaser, chorus, etc. Again, they aren't very good. But like I said, this is a practice amp and it does what I need it to do. It needs a foot switch really badly but those are expensive to buy separately.