Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Line 6: Spider IV 15

Purchased from: Dawsons Music

I have a Kurt Cobain Signature Jaguar. So I usually use a DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup with it. And to tell you the truth... The amp just can't handle the pickup. Its too HOT for the amp. I also play alot of Blink-182. And it doesn't really do the clean sounds that great either, its really thick and mushy. doesn't cut through well at all. When your playing in a small band (like me) it really has trouble getting through the bass and drums. Its just all fuzzy and weak. It can't stick up for itself in other words. Its bullied by the drums and bass whereas in my opinion it should be the main sound of the band. The distortion is pretty shocking. Like really bad. (NOT TOO BAD FOR A BEGINNER THOUGH) so yeah I bought a Boss ds1 distortion pedal thinking it would be sounding better. IT didn't. The amp HATES pedals. It can't handle them at all. When I play using my DS-1, it just sounds like pure fuzz and the sound just dies. So for what I like to play its TERRIBLE.

I play Nirvana and Blink-182. IT'S A TERRIBLE MATCH. I've been playing about 3 years. I own an Epiphone SG a Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar and lots of pedals. But this amp does non of my great gear justice. It makes my guitars sound awful, I hate it. And I'm really tying to be non bias here. Basically its got great features and its fantastic but as soon as you consider the most important part (SOUND) its just terrible. I got away with it as a real beginner cos I didn't know anything better and I thought it was great but when you hear other stuff I realise how shocking this amp is, but if your a beginner I'd say try it first but the chances are if you have this amp, it was your first amp and you didn't know what you were looking for, but if you have a better idea then go buy a Fender Frontman! If it was lost I'd laugh at whoever stole this terrible sounding amp. I'm really sorry if this is a letdown but honestly to summarise the sound: it can't handle pedals, it doesn't do your guitar justice, its hopeless in a band, sounds like mush and there's no tone or cutting edge. If you want a good amp buy a real amp like a tube amp. Beginners though, you might want to check it out but I still wouldn't recommend it.

The amp is fine in this section. There is nothing wrong with it. Its great but this doesn't make up for the fact it sounds terrible. I would never ever ever gig with it in the first place YOU WOULD BE LAUGHED AT it sounds like ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh it just sounds like drum and bass. Because you can barely hear the amp. I've knocked it about abit though and mine is still fine, still just because its durable and reliable doesn't mean I'd say go and buy one. But seriously, don't gig with it at all haha. I've never serviced it either btw just saying.

Got this amp as my first one. I had no idea what I was buying so I just got it, so this is a really non bias review. The effect are good though I must say. For a beginner anyway. I emphasise BEGINNER. They are alright sounding effects but if you want top notch effects then seriously you need to buy foot pedals separately, but I'll talk about pedals later. The chorus and flanger and all that stuff is great for beginners I must say. Some of the effects are really pointless though, but hey someone might have a use for them. You can switch the channels but not while playing, you have to click a button with your finger so basically you can't change settings during a song like "Smells Like Teen Spirit" for example you can't turn the distortion on and off. By the way it IS NOT a versatile amp its very much for people who like metal and alot of bass and treble, not good for me, but that's what Line 6 specialise in anyway I guess.

fas789
    as Adam implied I'm shocked that you able to earn $7328 in one month on the internet. did you look at this page Cloud68dotcom