Spider IV 15 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 15

Upon unboxing, it was a big larger than what I was expecting (which is good, but it was the size of the box itself, no Styrofoam or cardboard included), the box contained the wire needed to hook the amp up, an instruction manual (which isn't really needed, the amp is pretty basic, but not in a bad way), and some presets for the amp for you to get started. It's a really user-friendly amp and great for beginners, and line6.com/spiderstuff gives you all the tones you want, and all the info on the amp that you're looking for.

You get what you pay for, it's a 15 watt practice amp with a kick to it, it has four settings (Clean, Crunch, Metal, Insane) that are all used frequently for me. I play a variety of music, from Hendrix to Sabbath to Cannibal Corpse to Burzum, which can all be played with ease on this amp with no troubles, however there are a few problems, it doesn't have enough settings or whatever as the rest of the Spider family (this one has Clean, Crunch, Metal and Insane as mentioned above, and the rest of the Spiders have Clean Green, Clean Red, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal, etc.) and it doesn't get too loud, enough to travel through the whole house, but it IS just a practice amp. Again, you get what you pay for.

Very strong and sturdy, and is guaranteed to break your toe if you stub it on this, very portable (it goes upstairs and downstairs all the time every day). Very convenient size, as I can store it in the closet or on a shelf when I need to, the design looks nice and (off topic): blends in with my furniture. The finish is a faux leather type, and resists scratching and the bottom doesn't attract dirt and dust as far as I can see. I can see this amp lasting a long time if treated right and if played at the appropriate volume.

This is a good amp to meet my playing styles (which, as mentioned, is a lot), and if you're like me and play a wide variety, this would be a nice practice amp for you. As of now, I've owned this amp for almost a month and it still looks brand new and plays brand new (even has the factory smell). I wish I would have known how loud this amp was, as I probably would have gotten the 30 watt, but it grew on me, and I'm a broke musician, so it's just fine to me. If something WERE to happen to it, then I would probably upgrade to a larger amp, but it would still be a Line 6. Overall, would not recommend to anyone looking for a loud amp, but it would be good for someone just starting out or looking for a smaller amp to play in all hours of the day without disrupting anyone. I am going to be getting a larger amp in the near future, but this amp has chose for me: It's definitely gonna be a Line 6.

rockerAC
    I actually ordered one of these on Amazon and am looking forward to using it. I think it would go great with my Slash AFD Les Paul from Epiphone
    pieter.dirksen
    There is absolutely nothing about this amp which I think sounds convincing/very good. The metal channel is just acceptable, but still lacking any character. As for using effects with it; it will work, but it will not sound very good. I would recommend anyone to try a (cheap) small tube amp, say 1-5 watts (still probably much louder than this amp). Either that, or different modelling amp, just not a spider