Spider IV 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 30

As a metal guitarist this amp delivers, the metal and insane settings work for every form of rock and metal you could think of. The clean and twang work well for your quiet passages and weather channel music. Play an LTD ex-50 and an Ibanez RG gio through it and I get the best metal tone I have ever heard. I also use a Fender strat through it and get a nice clean tone. A problem I've had with past amps is if I bring up the volume to high my tone starts to give out, not with this amp, you could blast it on 10 and you get the same sound you get on 3. Its powered by a celestion speaker and all I have to say is its the best speaker I have ever used, the only 2 complaints I can think of is the crunch could have been a little better and this amp can hold against a drum set, but not as well as say a 75 watt amp, I wouldn't advise cranking up to 10 to often.

I played a Spider III in my guitar class and decided that I wanted one of my own, well I was blown out of the water when I played this model, it sounds well for all my different styles of music and has never let me down, I wish the build in tuner was chromatic so I could keep my tune on low tunings but I have a tuner for that so its not a big deal, if someone had the nerve to steal this amp, I'd take a baseball bat to there face and knees. I see myself in the future buying a bigger Line 6 amp to piss my neighbors off even more, the only thing I wish I had was the petal that goes with it, I've used one a few times and it makes life SO much easier, over all I give this amp a 9 and thats cause I'm not biased at all.

This amp can and will get you through what ever you throw at it and has never broken down on me or messed up in anyway, but thats also cause I take care of it like its a newborn child, and regularly inspect it and make sure everything is in working order.

I've had my Line 6 for almost a year now, and its gonna be hard to write an unbiased review, but I'll give it a try. The Line 6 Spider IV 30 is a versatile, powerful, and durable amp. It comes with 6 different settings ranging from clean to insane. All settings have 2 separate tones and all of them can be tweaked to your desire. You also get 4 channels you can save your tones in and can be accessed by simply hitting the button or using the petal. You also get a few effects along with it, you get a flanger/ chorus, a phaser, and a tremolo effect. You also get a digital delay, a tape echo, and a sweep echo. This amp comes with loads of features that cater to every guitarist.

guitarmazdur
    mcjosh wrote: oh my god... are you serious? You rated this amp above 5??
    mcamp1230
    RC52190 wrote: RCG301 wrote: I tried this Amp for about a hour, if you are into Heavy Metal forget this Amp it just won't do it, you can't even got a good mute with the 5th and 6th strings with this amp even on the insane setting, the Clean, Twang and the Blues settings are pretty good. The Spider 3 I think is a much better Amp especially if you are into Heavy Metal Music. Yea I'm looking at all these reviews wondering how the Spider IV is so awful for metal when my first amp was a 15w spider III and personally I think it gets a great metal tone for the size and price of it. But apparently the Spider IV is a completely different amp.
    Maybe you dont know what a good metal tone is...
    BFMV1995
    trolled
    rickyj
    Damaged Roses wrote: Patrijz wrote: megadeth52 wrote: i cant figure out how to use the built in tuner what part of 'hold this button for tuner' don't you understand? Rofl, man yeah. I'm considering of buying this amp, or should I buy the Roland Cube, the 30 watt version? what do u say?
    roland cube.
    DeathMagneticX
    longneckdude wrote: I don't know how anyone could say these are reliable amps. My friend had one and the not on the input jack is cheap plastic that would always come loose. It eventually became stripped and would slip inside the amp every so often an I would have to unscrew the whole thing just to fish it out. Definitely not worth the money.
    I know this isn't the same amp, but I have a Line 6 SPider III 75, and I'll second the post above. The input is really bad it works loose very quickly and if you're a bit careless (like me) and you knock it, it easily snaps. But otherwise I don't mind my Spider, I'd rather get something a bit better but I'm not in a band anymore, so I don't think I'd be getting the best out of a valve amp in my room
    RC52190
    bidfarewell
    Seriously I know people like things new but I just picked up the spider iv 150 for 230 quid of ebay. Six months old!!!
    IYanoplathizoI
    Get soem tone in the fingers bitches. I love the sound of what loads of my friends can do with this amp.
    BrandonBeaux
    guitarmazdur wrote: mcjosh wrote: oh my god... are you serious? You rated this amp above 5?? why the hell do so many people hate Line 6? this is a great practice amp. I find nothing wrong with it.
    Look at this hater. What you need is a new amp...
    Seref
    Tone in the fingers will only take you so far. Tone in the fingers will not dial out the fizziness that Spiders are known for. Tone in the fingers will make a good amp great, and a decent amp good. It wont make a turd anything more than a well-played turd.
    Amuro Jay
    To be frank, the small versions of these amps do sound pretty bad. But the bigger ones, played at louder volumes, and LOW GAIN (I cannot stress this enough, anything past the mid point on the gain knob sounds like poo) aren't so bad. Heck, the Spider tube amp was pretty decent for the price.
    DiaryOfJane
    I don't know about the Spider IVs, but I had a Spider III - it broke... then I bought a Peavey Vypyr. Much Better amp.
    telebuckley
    To be honest, I was going to get this amp, but after a play around, I strongly suggest the Roland 40XL over this amp, 10 more watts, power squeezer, on a lower volume the the Line 6 has a nicer clean tone but the Roland can actually handle some actual gain. Not to mention the built in effects are just epic