Spider IV 30 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 30

I use a Dean C250T, or a Dean Vendetta 2.0 through it. The amp can make just about any sound I can think of, I've gotten blues, clean, 4 kinds of dirty tones. If you want a good clean tone det the amp model knob on Red Crunch and kill the gain. It has a great Marshall vibe to it. "How brutal is the distortion?" LOL.

Said previously I play Metal and Rock. I've played for 1.5 to 2 years depends how you look at it. I should have gotten a tube amp. It it were stolen I'd be pissed caues I just got the footpedal for it. I wish I had compared it to other products.

I'm not gonna use it for a gig as it is onle 30 watts, but If I had to, I would. I've spilt drinks on it on multiple occasion and its fine. I'd say its sturdy.

Its a 4 channel solid state modeling amp. It suits my needs (I play mostly metal, rock, classic rock). It has a choice of 3 delays (Reg Delay, Tape Echo, and Sweep Echo) and/or 3 Effects (Chorus Flange, Phaser, Tremolo). It has a tempo tap button, which activates the tuner when held, that sets the tempo (loop speed) for the the effects. I don't play live, I'm soon to buy a Peavey 6505+ combo for live play, but it gets loud enough for my bedroom.