Spider IV 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 75

Purchased from: Dawsons Manchester

This is however the place where this amp falls short. The pre-sets are just horrible and sound like a 4 year old put them together, however saying that some pre-sets sound good but these I rarely come across. Distortion on this amp is horrible it sound weak and muddy, this amp is no good for distortion. The sound in general sounds too processed, saying that though this amp pretty much has a computer built in it. However on the positive side the clean channels on this amp sound pretty good and I could get some very good tones out of it. The amp in general is very loud I haven't turned it passed 1 without the family moaning so I couldn't really comment if it gets distorted at high volumes.

The Line 6 Spider IV 75 looks to be an impressive amp on paper with all the pre-sets, built in tuner, 8 different, channels, etc. But the amp falls short in sound quality compared too other amp. Personally one of the main reasons I bought this amp was because of the pre-sets, if your like me in this category do not buy this amp because the pre-sets will just fail you. If you just want a practice amp with lots of built in effects and lots of versatility for a cheep price then this is the amp for you, but if you are the person that doesn't tend to use effects and just goes for raw power and distortion then this amp will fail you. I personally got an amazing deal on this amp (160 brand new, rrp is 250) and its well worth the money for me, but if you're paying the full price for this I consider you to shop around and get a better amp.

I have owned the amp for 8 months now and it has not failed me once so reliability is excellent. However it doesn't seem to work well with external pedals. I have a Zvex Woolly Mammoth an I can only turn the sound up half way on it because if I turn it any higher the sound will cut out. I also have a Zvex super hard on and there is a 5 second delay from when a turn a nob for sound to come out of the pedal. I have tested these pedals with other amps so I know its not the pedals.

I play many rock and metal music and the Line 6 Spider IV 75 can somewhat meet those demands. It has 8 different channel ranging from clean to insane. This amp has so many effects built into it its good just to get the amp from the built in effects like delay, tremolo, fuzz, chorus, I could go on forever. It also has a built in tuner in the amp but I can sometimes find the tuner inaccurate and its very basic. This amp how every does boast a screen in it which displays lots of different things, this is also the place where the pre-sets can be access.

killeraxeboy
    Good amp if you just want to practice on your own or with some friends but if you want to gig with it all the effect become useless unless you buy one of the FBV footswitches which cost either 100, 190, or 375 euros. At that price you may aswell get a decent amp with a few effects and a cheaper footswitch. and No one's going to ever use every single effect and sound built into this amp.
    dafto
    this amp is quite amazing i have one and i did before have a 15 watt so i would say that but i have play on amps that are about 2500 watts of power if not more and this one inpertculat is quite considerate it offers almost endless amounts of setting ive had mine for about 3 months now and i have to say i havent even got into the settings of half the things it can do and like all amplifiers it has its faults weight, thin tones but you can create your own tones and use all it has to offer to create them aswell my version is the 75 watt and to be honest thats loud enough for me... lol but this is a great amp please dont doubt it.