Spider IV 75 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Line 6: Spider IV 75

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

I am currently using it with a Goth Flying V (Which I have also reviewed btw) which has Alnico Classic Open coil humbuckers. As I have mentioned it doesnt't suit my style beacuse the drive/distortion settings suck really bad, although it is great for everything else the heaviest 'INSANE' model isn't heavy at all! I now use a Boss ML-2 MetalCore pedal and I now have the distorton I need but the amp doesnt't have a brutal enough sound even with it (and I'm even tuned B standard! ) On the upside the sound gate and noise reducer work very well and I have never got any feedback from it, The clean settings are really smooth at any volumes and it has a HUGE variety of settings which make it really good for learning on.

I have been playing roughly two years now and I also own a Peavy Envoy 110 (Total rubbish) and I am about to order a Laney LX120 head and Cab in ltd edition camo! I wish I had reserched into amps more before I bought it as I would probaly got the Laney LX65 my lead guitarist has got(kickass amp! ) And if it were stolen I would just wait for my Laney lol. I love the variety and effects, although I hate the 'distorted' sounds and my favoroute feature has to be having a tuner in your amp! Overall if you play anything other than extreme metal its a fine amp and you will be pleased with it but if you like Cannibal Corpse then get a Laney LX! I also thought I would comment on SlipKnoT's involvement; Mick and Jim have their own tones on the amp and this amp is really good for playing SlipKnoT stuff. If you YouTube Mick and Jim's lessons/jams you will find they are using this amp!

Considering it is about a year old now and it has never been gigged or neglected I would expect it to be in perfect condition, but... The input jack screw fell out during a car journey and it has been lost, as a result I lost the input jack inside the amp... I have now unscrewed all the amps parts to get the 'head' out of it, I then hung the input jack out the back of the amp. Altough it still works fine the wires are being sandwiched between the 'head' casing and the cab itself so eventully the wires will be damaged.

My amp was made on the 1st of January 2010 in China, I brought the amp as a replacement for my Peavy Envoy as it was rubbish for my style of music (extreme metal- death metal, grindcore, deathcore). When I brought it I didn't have a very broad knowlege as I had only been playing half a year and the amp didn't suit my style of music well at all. It has 4 channels switchable by buttons on the front of the amp but it also has 8 differant models(Clean, Twang, Class A, Blues, Crunch, Hi Gain, Metal and Insane)and each one has two versions making it 16 models! It also has 18 differant effects(Gain/Fuzz, Auto Wah/Swell, Smart Harmony/Pitch Glide, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser/Uni-Vibe, Bias/Opto Trem, Digital/Analouge Delay, Tape Echo/Multi-Head, Sweep Echo/Reverser) + two types of Reverb (Vintage Plate/Lux Spring) so you can create alsost any sound you could imagane:)! It also has a instant looper so you can record a riff and solo over it! It also has inbuilt Active Boost, Sound Gate + Noise Reducer and Tuner. It also has a Mp3 Input (So you can play ur ipod thru it! ) and a headphone/direct output jack. You can also dial in tones and save them to one of the 64 slots or just one of the 250+ artist and song presets! With this amp you are never short of features! I don't really use any of these (lol) except for the Mp3 input, looper, Tuner(Having this is super handy, however it isnt very accurate), Delay and Chorus. I use it for bedroom practice aswell as band practice and it is loud enough for both however it isnt big enough for gigging.

hyperliteBo
    darkmetalhead wrote: if there was a such tuning known as Drop Z id be happy
    Haha funny you say Z because drop B is actually lower than drop C... + Z isn't eve a note xD