Spider IV 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 75

Purchased from: Gak

I use a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG's a Schecter C-1 Blackjack with Seymour Duncans and an Ibanez s with stock pickups, fairly metal setup I would say, and this amp nails the tone, with huuuuuge bottom end, I play in drop a drop b and drop D the bass response is amazing, and the cleans even with the active pickups, saty crystal clean, can get a Metallica clean out of it easy. I tend to use the metal red on manual mode high gain, low mids, high bass, high treble, its basically a solid state dual rectifier, sounds nearly bang on. And its only 270, just amazing, the only drawback on this amp is the insane channel, just sounds like a fart to be honest, and for some reason doesn't have as much gain as the metal setting, but can be used for a Pantera sound easily.

Best combo ever, end of discussion covers every tone you will ever want or need.

Had it for 3 years, no problems, been gigged hard, dropped, still on the original speaker.

Oh my daze so many features! 4 channel amp with 16 presets per channel which you can edit to you're liking, best solid state amp I've ever played, simply amazing.

iceh88
    oh no another person buying a spider and giving it a 10. I dont even want to read any of these other comments, ok everybody start your dissing.
    MaggaraMarine
    Drop A wtf lol?? It's the same as a 7 string guitar drop A tuning without the high e string. And BTW: The newest review was crap.
    Pat_s1t
    "high gain, low mids, high bass, high treble,..." "...and for some reason doesn't have as much gain as the metal setting." LESS MIDS, MORE GAIN I remember when I played my Spider like that.
    mrrw60
    My take on the Line 6 / Tube amp debate! First off I own a few tube heads one being a custom hand wired plexi. I now own a Spider IV 75. My tube amps sound like poop until you crank them up then your in tonal bliss. This is not very practical for non gigging musicians and bedroom rockstars. Now lets look at tube amps with pedals in the signal chain. Distortion boxes etc.. Wow now we have a solid state pre amp feeding a tube section. Your 12ax7 pre amp tubes are now being colored by digital or analog transiter tone. I played the Spiders at GC and was not impressed. I ended up ordering one from an Online shop. I can tell you the amp reacts like a tube amp. Not in the sense of dynamics flying off the finger board but when you bump up the volume the amp opens up like a tube amp. It sustains like a tube amp and less digital sounding at higher volumes. The speaker does tend to fart out on some models but a speaker upgrade should fix that problem. The clean tones are better sounding than my 6505 and damn close to my plexi. The gain tones I get from this amp are great! You want Lynch tones. Got it! You want Page tones got it! Nu Metal chugga. No problem. The amp is what it is and does it well. Go to GC take one in the high end room spend some time tweeking your tones and give it some volume. You might change your mind about these amps. For $300.00 I would rather have one over the some of the BlackStar low wattage amps. This amp just sounds better for what I needed it for.