Spider IV 75 review by Line 6

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Line 6: Spider IV 75

For this review I will use my Epiphone Les Paul Special II. My playing style is bluesy and hard rock. This amp isn't that noisy, but you can definitely hear feedback hissing at you at high volumes. This amp can make a broad range of sounds from clean to distortion presets. The distortion, is not brutal at all its just... Alright I guess, cleans are pretty impressive to some degree. But see, heres the thing, this amp is for practice and bedroom type sorta things. Honestly not for use in live situations. Oh, and if you have the ear, you can hear when you have an effect on in the amp, a sort of wet digital echo drop every time you pluck a string muted.

For the style I play, cleans, hard rock, blues, its a kind of good match for the money. I have been playing for 5 plus years. Something I wish I would have known back then is the difference between SOLID STATE AND TUBE AMPS. Beginners should really research this amp as well as other cost effective tube amps, Kustom, Peavey. If it were stolen, I'd probably give the robber a quick kick in the a-se and buy another amp. After awhile, you start to see its limits and the sound it produces. The only thing I love about this amp is the ability for the onboard effects to be adjusted and the overall variety of style you can get, sort of like the low class jack of all trades amp. I wish it had a more natural tone, but hey its a modeling amp, what would you expect.

I can depend on it, it is sturdy enough for band practice. Though I would never use this in a gig, you'd have to buy the pedal (sold separately) in order to change channels fast enough. Oh and you need this pedal in order to update the firmware on your amp. Another thing where line6 didn't quit think through for the musicians. I'm giving this a mercy 6.

The amp was made in 2010. For the money, this amp is very versatile for a solid state amp FOR BEGINNERS. It has 4 channels, effects loop, and CD/mp3 input to practice. This is a modeling amp so it has a clean, class A, crunch, blues, metal, insane, high gain. Each section has 2 preset settings. With many other presets options as well as the ability to adjust every preset and effect. Look at eh Line 6 website and you can look in detail most of the list.