Spider IV 75 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider IV 75

Purchased from: amazon.com

I'm using it with a Les Paul Standard with 57 Classic pickup in the neck and 500T Open Coil in the bridge. It can play any style I do, mainly Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, and getting into Blues and Jazz. It is as noisy as you want it to be. It can make a great variety of sounds, and replicate many famous sounds with the presets. You can get as much distortion as you want from it, from clean to so distorted you cannot distinguish what is it that you're playing. It has 8 Amp models of distortion.

I play Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, and am getting into Blues and Jazz. This amp works great for all those genres. I have played for around 3 and a half years, with a huge break between that. I own this amp, a Peavey Blazer 158, the Line 6 FBV footswitch, a couple of effect pedals, and my Les Paul. If it were stolen I would get the IV 150, more power and size right away. I absolutely love everything about it except the weight factor, hard to carry sometimes. I was choosing between a Marshall and this, and the Marshall brand name added $150 dollars of price for an amp with less power, less effects, and less tweaking than this one.

I can definitely depend on this amp for touring, jamming, and gigging, it is incredibly sturdy, I've had people sit on it for a while, with no problems. I have never had problems with the amp, just that the Line 6 FBV Pedal that pairs up with this sometimes has a bug, and you cannot use the wah wah pedal. One worry is that if it tips and falls on its front side maybe the knobs will rip off, but that is an unlikely case. I am pretty confident with this amp going anywhere to play. You can even pour liquids on it. Excellent for those accidental beer spills.

This is an incredibly versatile amp, full of effects, and presets, the strong point of it. 16 amp models; 20 Smart FX (4 at once) with quite a lot of editing; Quick Loop, Auto-Wah, Intelligent Pitch-Shifter plus inspiring echoes, mods, delays, reverbs and more; you can have 64 user-created presets. 1/4-inch input; 1/4-inch headphone/direct output; 1/8-inch CD/MP3 input; built-in chromatic tuner; FBV foot controller jack. And 75 watts, for me more than enough to play. I haven't tested even 20% of the many presets this amp has, and has absolutely everything I need, and a quite convenient tuner included.

jbailes
    As far as the Spider IV custom tones are concerned, I know there are 95 pages worth of user created tones, but still, as long as it has been available, I'd like to see more. To my shock, there are no Zakk Wylde?BLS tones or George Lynch tones except mr scary. Another issue is that can download several user created tones from the customtone pages via the footcontroller and edit software. But you can't seem to replace all 64 user presets if you choose to. You start adding too many and other tones you've just added will be over written.
    stuntman chris
    These amps get a lot of hate and it is mostly undeserved. Many people bash solid state amps just for being solid state without trying them or having much experience with tube amps for that matter. You can tweak a pretty decent clean tone with one of these and the heavy metal tones can be great. That said, I still use a tube head live but do have a spider iv head as a backup, which is great since it has a good range of effects and heavy tones paired with solid state reliability. Ideal back for the working metal band.
    mas789
    as Adam implied I'm shocked that you able to earn $7328 in one month on the internet. did you look at this page Great70dotcom