Spider Valve 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider Valve 112

Purchased from: used

I typically play hard rock and classic rock. I use the Metal Blue model with all controls set to noon. Very gritty, clear, and tight Soldano type crunch sound. No extra noise thanks to the built-in noise suppressor. I get amazingly warm and tight clean tones with the Clean Blue model. Very clear even at high volumes. The Metal and Insane models are sinister. Gain beyond mercy. Shredders and metal heads will love this very crunchy and suprising clear tone. The modulation effects are horrible though. The models are amazing though. Any tone you want is available if you spend the time to tweak it out and crank up the volume.

I play classic rock, hard rock, and some metal now and then. I play a Gibson Explorer and the two sound great together. I have no regrets getting this amp. it's monsterous. I would buy another in a heartbeat. My favorite feature is either the built-in noise suppressor or the built-in tuner. They are life savers! Amazing flexibility, amazing tone, and reliable. Great amp for anyone. Get it, that's all I have to say.

I bought this amp used and it still looks amazing. The entire amp is built very sturdy and looks great. The only problem is the knobs are very flimsy. Be careful. I'm looking to find some sturdier knobs that I can put on my SV to be safe. No service problems so far, it's holdin up. Just don't be an idiot with it, and you're good to go. Excellent construction. Also, it doesn't rattle.

I play a Gibson Explorer and I play rock, classic rock, blues, and some metal. For all of those styles this amp delivers. Any tone you want can be dialed in with the 12 amp models, 7 FX, reverb, and built in overdrive. You get 36 user presets to save your favorite tones. This amp's list of goodies includes= tube power amp, Celestion Vintage 30 speaker, built in tuner, built in overdrive, built in noise suppressor, cab outputs, direct output for recording or PA, and FX loop. I play Live with my band, and this amp rips through with ease. With the channel volume at noon and master at 4, I can get over a drummer no sweat.

plankbadger
    This amp does not sound anything like the amps it is meant to mimic. It has the worst amp modelling I've heard - worse than guitar rig. The Marshall JMD-1 is miles ahead of this. Even the Vox Valvetronix is way better. I thank God I tried it in the shop before I bought it online
    gnxclone
    One or both of my preamp tubes failed. I went to play one day and the sound was barely audible. I bought all new tubes at the local GC. I replaced the preamps first as they were the easiest to access and the amp works again. I'm keeping the new 6L6's I bought just-in-case... I needed an amp and bought this thinking it would substitute for an effects board at the same time. But it lacks a USB interface to fine tune the effects, or upload premade tones. So I ended up adding a Pod X3 Live to the mix. Now I'm happy. It's a good amp to just fool around with and practice, but it's not always easy to get the exact tone you want. The flanger/chorus is especially tough to dial in. What if I want just chorus without the flanger/phaser? With all that said, I still like it a lot and I would buy it again.
    Crank_it_to11
    guitarguyryan94
    Crank_it_to11 wrote: Man, I'm really confused between the line6 spider jam, the Line6 Sipider Valve MkII 112 40w 1x12, and the orange tiny terror combo... Can someone tell me what's the best (price/quality/verstility[from blues to metal] and if it can gig or not)
    Honestly, the Spider Valve MkII will be your best bet. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe the tiny terror is a one channel amplifier that will not give you much versatility. The Spider Valve on the other hand has a large amount of user presets and a crap load of effects. I have the first model of the Spider Valve and I wish I had waited a few more months so I could've gotten the MkII
    plankbadger
    Re: the Marshall MG's. Even though they are all transistor, I've seen good guitarists use them for bar gigs with a nice sound.