Spider Valve 112 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider Valve 112

Purchased from: Dan's guitars

I'm using a Ibanez GIO GSA60 with it and it sounds good. It suits my style of playing which is metal and it does it well on the blue metal setting on the amp. I once turned the channel volume to 3 and the master volume to 4 and it got real loud. The distortion is good, I will get the shortboard which has the distortion boost, it's impossible to turn on the amp.

I play metal and it is a good match for me, because it has a lot of gain on the blue metal setting, of course you may need to tweak the amp a bit to get the sound you want out of it. I've been playing for two years and it is a very good amp. I wish this amp came with the shortboard, but I'll get that later on. If it was stolen or lost I would try to get another amp, probably a Mesa. I like the distortion on the blue channel on the amp, I hate the flanger and such. I choose this one, because it was cheap and my mom helped me get the amp.

Right now it's a good amp to me, I might get something better in the future. It hasn't broken down yet, though I probably will replace the tubes on the amp later on.I've dropped the amp once and it is still working, and I moved and still it is working good. It is a durable amp.

I think it was made in 2008. I like it, I play metal and metalcore and it fits the mode right. It has 4 channels, and amp settings from clean to Insane. It's a good tube amp.It also has two power tubes and two preamp tubes and the amp can really roar. It is a good amp right now.

ihventura
    I have this amp and will never go back. Made a lot of money selling all my pedals and other amps