Spider Valve 212 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider Valve 212

Purchased from: Samash

I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I play every style of music and love versatility. The amp is great for experimenting with different sounds and styles. The cleans are really nice. Add some reverb to give it that soft feel, or even some Flange/Chorus to make it sing. If you play country, the twang setting adds a tiny hint of gain to give you that chickin pickin tweed sound that you'd like. You can find mid-gain bluesy sounds, and high gain metal sounds. My lead setting is so creamy and smooth it's wonderful. My alternate lead setting is nice and powerful and great for some metal solos. Overall the sound is really nice, don't even compare it to the solid state spiders. This sound is nowhere near digital, it's great.

Overall, this amp is great for the versatile player or the player Who is exploring different sounds looking for their own specific tone. Customizing sounds and making them your own is very easy to do with this amp, and is a great help in finding what your personal sound truely is. This tones you can achieve out of this amp are awesome, and when you're bored there are so many features to fiddle with. So basically, if you have a specific sound and know what you want, another amp might be better. But if you're unsure of your sound and need to explore or if you are just a versatile player like me, this amp is perfect. If I had to describe this amp in one word, it would be versatile.

This heavy M'Fer is pretty solid, its 60 pounds I believe but comes with a set of wheels for easy transportation. Out of the 5 months I have had one problem with it. I had some tube issues I think from playing too much lol. If I were gigging I would probobly bring a backup, but I highly doubt I would need it. Overall it's pretty reliable. Kinda big and husky but if you've got a nice corner to put it in it wont take up to much space. If your going to be moving it a lot it might be a pain in the butt cause of it's weight. But the wheels will come in handy.

To start off, this amp has a hefty amount of features for you to explore. It has several amp models ranging from clean to insane, and has 300+ presets allready dialed in for you to try. You can edit a preset and save it as your own in one of the 36 user channels. The effects are pretty good, nothing amazing, but adding the right amount can make for a beautiful sound. The delays on the other hand are awesome. The delays and Echoes are one of my favorite features on the amp. All these settings and presets make it easy to just start it up and find a nice sound, but if you take the time to make a preset your own, it's amazing. This amp is perfect for versatility. I bought it because I haven't quite found my own sound yet, and have a lot of exploring to do. Well lemme tell ya, this amp is helping.

drCoSmO1
    This amp is solid. Plus it doesn't carry the $3000 price tag that Mesas do. Anyone saying buy a $3000 Mesa over this amp is some spoiled white kid from the suburbs whose daddy buys him $3000 amps for christmas every year.
    Dude, mesas dont cost 3000 dollars haha, not even close
    nosidamde
    phenom1991 wrote: ^No other tube amps? LOOOL! Im sorry mate but thats pushing it. It might be good though.
    It is GREAT actually, my friend loved my HD100 Spider Valve Half Stack so much that he went out and bought one of these 212 models.
    Rulerof52
    I played the HD100 half stack at sam ash, and I was very impressed by the sound I got. I decided that I would get a 212, but it hasn't arrived yet (on order), so I can't really give a good review. But from what I played, it sounds very nice.