Spider Valve HD100 review by Line 6

Line 6: Spider Valve HD100

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

The models are not dead on, but are very tweekable and will get you 90% there. An there are a butt load of them to go through. I use a 2002 PRS CE22 w/ Dragon II pickups, a 2009 Epi Worn G-400 w/ a Duncan JB, a Dean Evo w/GFS fat pats, and a few others and they all work well. I use a Laney TF 4x12 and a Krank Rev 4x12 it sounds good with eather. Pretty quiet too. You'll get just about any tones you want out of this that are very close to what they are modeling.

This is a very nice amp with tons of sounds and features, probably more than the average joe will ever think of using. This is the 3rd Line 6 amp I have owned(Spider 1 1x12, Spider II HD150)and I am sold on this company for the bang for the buck. No it will never be exactly wat it is emmulating, but it does it very well and I've been playing for 16+ yrs. Can you get a better amp? Sure. Will it do every thing the SV does? No. Would I suggest this to any one? Sure would, but you'll probabl end up going all tube in the end. Would I buy it a gain if it were stolen? I honestly don't know for sure, I'd probably get somethig else, but I now know what I specificly want for tone.

I used mine for about 2 years very heavily with out a back up and no problems untill it just freaked out one day, thank god I was sill in the AMS 2 yr waranty(only 1 1/2 months left) and only had to pay $52 for shipping and they fixed the problem free! I used to gig with out a back up, but after that I always have a back up, just in case. My friend bought a new Mesa dual recto and it was in the shop sooner than my Line 6.

My head was made in 2009 I believe. One of the best sounding Versitile heads you can buy. It has way too many features to list, but here goes:12 diffrent voicing selections, 4 assignable preset chanel's, reverb, delay, echo, tape echo, chorus, Phaser/Flanger, Noise gate (I know I'm leaving something out, but you get the idea). It has ch volume, bass, mid, hi, and drive(gain). It has a global volume and presence controls. There are also 200+ preset sounds. Buying the FBV Short board will get the most out of this amp.This was my first step twards an all tube head, and I still enjoy playing it even though I prefer an all tube head. This has all the features that you need to do any gig convicingly well, if you take your time to dial it in. But I only give it a 9 because some of the effects are lacking.