Vetta II review by Line 6

Line 6: Vetta II

Purchased from: N/A

I used two guitars with this amp; a 2004 Gibson Flying V (496R & 500T Gibson humbuckers) and a Gibson '61 SG reissue ('57 classic humbuckers). I play everything under the sun, from jazz to death metal, and this amp does it all. Very noisy, but in a good way, and blasts the pants off your average concert-goer. If you play metal, this amp will blow everyone away.

I hate nothing about this amp and love everything. If it were stolen, I would find the person Who took it, castrate them and bring my baby back home. I chose the amp because I love Line 6 so much. I couldn't live without the distortion settings on this thing. It also comes with a 4-channel footswitch with a pedal wah and volume control, which is quite useful.

Definitely would use it without backup; the most dependable amp I have ever used, and the loudest as well. Never broke down for the week I had it. The amp has never been neglected, so I saw no problems with that; as well, it's a solid-state amp, so no problems with tubes or anything related.

This amp was rented for one gig. 150 watts solid-state. This amp is like a simple computer; there are so many on-board distortion/overdrive/effects settings that it's ridiculous. As well, it allows for channel mixing (by that I mean there are two channels, and you can set each channel to an individual distortion setting and either use just one or combine them for a unique sound). Basically, this monster is the Swiss Army Knife of amplifiers; fits any style incredibly. It was used at a small club and it was WAY too loud.

led_zep_00
    really? man I hate the line 6 sound of amps, they sound digital. But whatever strokes your goat.
    unknownalone
    sounds amazing to me..a guy i work with has one, and doesnt sound digital at all..u may have heard some cheaper line 6 amps, but this puppy retails for 1700 or so and in my opinion is worth every penny
    MESAexplorer
    I agree with unkown. IMO, the best feature on Line 6 amps is the recording out. You hook it straight up to your digital recorer or whatnot and you get a professional sound. It doesn't take $300 in mics either.
    okayplayer
    This amp is ****in awesome i own one which i purchased from a friend for $1000 it has so many combinations of amps and effects it amazes me how they did it they call the manual the "pilots manual" its freakin huge im still having to refer to the manual for certain tweaks here and there but well worth the money im saving up for the head that comes with it ill have it soon...
    hobo467
    $100 is amazing; in Canada this baby retails at $2500. I would kill for this thing.
    ronan-the-great
    saw the head it was 2250 euro roughly 3000 dollars. i live in ireland and guitars are ridicously over priced
    l3xbi
    This should be a really good amp, after all Dustin Kensrue has just bought one to replace the JCM 800 he uses for Thrice up until Vheissu.