Vetta II review by Line 6

Line 6: Vetta II

Purchased from: craglist

I'm using a Jem777DY with a super distortion on the bridge and a PAF PRO at the neck and a Blue velet in mid. I can get it to sound like anything. The Thing that makes it so great is that the vetta can mix two amp sounds together with 2 cabs which make things sound more full and tube like. For a digital amp it is the closest thing I played that sounds like tubes. But with the advantages of a digital amp. Such like not having to change the tubes nor having to take care of them. Also as I mentioned the vetta sounds just as good at low volumes which is almost impossible to do on a tube amp. The only thing I didn't like was that there are too many effects and settings. Its very overwhelming also I have read the manual about

I play alot of things which makes the vetta great. I like playing metal to alternative and some acoustic stuff now and again. I been playing for about 4 years and sold all my previous gear to get the gear I have now. I have had tubes and solid state amps and this amp has the best of both worlds. The only thing I didn't like was that there are too many effects and settings. Its very overwhelming also I have read the manual about 4 times but still its very hard to manage when you first get it. Also I wish that Line 6 can make a 1X12 version of the vetta 2 so I don't have to break my back getting the vetta out of the car. THIS IS NOT A SPIDER. The vetta series is the best Line 6 can offer. You can't even begin to compare the two. Some tube snob might look down at this amp since its not a tube amp but its their loss. Their missing out on a very dependable very great sound amplifier.

When I first got it there was a hardware problem which I fixed up in a couple of hours. But it hasent broken down on me since. Very realiable and NO TUBES. I can throw this amp around and there wont be some delicate glass inside that will break. I have taken it to gigs and mutiple band practices. It has not failed me ever and I don't think it will start anytime soon.

This amp is very versatile. It can get to metal to acoustic sounding by just turning a knob. I finally found a amp that fits any style of music I throw at it. Is amazing. I use this amp in the basement and it has 150 watts so I think I would have enought power. Heh I usually have it on at 75 walts(there's a button that lets you use the vetta at 1/2 power) and its can get very loud. The volume knobs are very sensitive a small turn can make a huge difference. But the great thing is that the amp can still sound great at low volumes.