Uncle-G10 review by Lisheng

• Reviewer's score: 3.5 Poor
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Lisheng: Uncle-G10

I use cheap brand guitars (Arbor Strat copy, and Memphis LP copy), both of which sound good, but not on this amp. This amp is terrible with harmonics, makes it impossible to hear chords correctly, and it gives off so much feedback it is annoying to plug in. The amp gives a bunch of feedback even if it is the only appliance running in the building. It gives a lot more feedback if there are fluorescent lights or television sets on while in use. The overdrive channel greatly increases the feedback as well. This amp does the minimum that an amp can while still being called an electric guitar amp. The clean channel starts to get a distortion sound at around 5:30. The distortion is just a crappy sounding overdrive that would be a waste of money in pedal form.

I play rock, but this amp is bad for all kinds. It sounds bad, it kills the tone of the guitar, and it gives a giant amount of feedback. I would suggest that you find another amp than this one.

I have used this amp for over 4 months, with nothing wrong with it. But, just today, I unplugged it, and the plug broke! I realize that it is secondhand, but that should never happen. The amp seems pretty strong, though I haven't dropped it or anything like that.

This amp is fine for beginners that just want an amp, whether it is good or not. The amp has 2 channels, clean, and a very crappy overdrive (though I have an overdrive pedal, so I never use it). It has a bass and treble control, as well as master volume. It has a headphone jack, although the sound is terrible and the high notes burn your eardrums. I use this amp in my house for practice. It has enough power to make my parents tell me to turn it down, though I highly doubt it would work for any room larger than the average bedroom.

FreekBos
    This feedback you are talking about is probably just a hum. Feedback in fact is when the sound of the amp feeds the vibration of the strings on the guitar which creates a constant tone at a specific frequency. This has nothing to do with tv's or other electronic devices nearby. I still have my first amplifier which is the same idea as your amp. I never threw it away thank god because now I use my 40Watt Roland amp on stage! (On stage? I hear you ask?) Yes, I converted my old Roland into a Talkbox. Sounds FANTASTIC!!! Go have a look at the gettobox on youtube by Moot Booxle. You'll understand what I did to my amp. If you want to know how I Modified my amp, send me an email. freek at freekbos , nl
    Fellway
    Well, I went to the guitar store the other day, and I bought a new cord, and the feedback disappeared after that. So, i just had a super crappy cord. As of now, it gives no feedback at all.