1959SLP review by Marshall

Marshall: 1959SLP

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

I'm using a Charvel EVH Art-Series and other various pedals with this and and it sounds amazing. This thing can get very noisy so I suggest buying a variac to lower the voltage if this happens. The distortion is great, and the volume is very distorted at high volumes.

I play alot of AC/DC and Van Halen and this amp matches my style perfectly. If this was stolen I would murder to get it back. This is the king of rock n' roll amps. Get this!

I could rely on this thing forever as it's built rock hard. The only thing this amp really needs is a replacement of tubes in a few years.

This is a 100 watt head, all tube. This amp is very versatile. It has 2 channels, and it sounds amazing. I play alot of the old classic rock, and never has there ever been a better amp. I've not tried this amp at a gig yet but it is very loud! This head has 100 watts of power, I'm sure that's enough for anyone.

Blazee
    screw the amp youve got a charvel evh art series lucky ****er i cant even afford one let alone find one
    loop-de-luke
    For those who say "what are you going to do with 100 watts?" I also have this amp and I use it in small clubs and venues in a funk/rock outfit and it's never too loud... you can turn them down heaps, and sure it does take away a bit from the tone when you do that but it still sounds magnificent. The other guitarist in my band uses a Fender "evil" twin which is 100watts and he is often louder than me!
    thejester
    i love the plexi's but why would you ever want this thing? what are you going to do with 100watts? honestly. even if you are playing outdoor events what is the need? do you powerbrake this? how do you ever expect to get breakup at any club? you wont, you will get the horrible tin marshall yuck sound. i used to have the 1987x and that was too high of a wattage amp for standard venues. im happy you enjoy your amp but really have no idea where you will be able to get a great marshall tone out of this thing.
    underoath0902
    philfie wrote: i can not believe no one has mentioned that the great jimmi hendrix used these amps...
    um.....
    Lafit86 wrote: Der Bober this amply was used also b Jimi hendeix , Ritchie Blackmore, and Yngwie J. Malmsteen. i think it's the better ampli in the world. The problem is the cost (if i think that a Laney GH100L cost 500$)
    ZoSoBeatle
    Der Bomber wrote: Thats AWESOME!!! You do know that it's the same amp that Jimmy Page used?
    thats why im looking at it. page is god
    philfie
    Mrtomtwo
    Amp is also used by Angus Young he used the 100w Plexi's for riffs and the 50w for solo's, I've played an original Plexi and they are the dogs bollocks. the ultimate amplifier for any classic rock guitarist
    guy_tebache
    I've looked at pictures and stuff and looked it up on guitar geek but I'm not sure... Is this the amp John Frusciante uses? On guitar geek its say a Marshall Major Head and a Marshall 2550 silver jubilee head. Is this a reissue of the Major or something?
    Steef0w
    This is one of the best amps around there, well worth the money once you get it, you'll fall in love with it
    Lafit86
    Der Bober this amply was used also b Jimi hendeix, Ritchie Blackmore, and Yngwie J. Malmsteen. i think it's the better ampli in the world. The problem is the cost (if i think that a Laney GH100L cost 500$)
    Mrtomtwo
    hendrix used JTM 45's i think he had 4 of them dont know wether he used the 100w plexis tho they were used by bands which came later AC/DC and such