1960A review by Marshall

Marshall: 1960A

Purchased from: Mountain Music

I use a B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ classic series guitar and I use a Marshall AVT 100X as the head, only until I upgrade to a Marshall JCM 800 head. This Cabinet suits any type of style of music from country to death metal. I play hard rock, blues, and metal, and it sounds great. My Mockingbird makes the amp produce a heaver bass sound because it is a neck through guitar. This cabinet is a beast! It's very loud at half and it's huge weighing 80 pounds. the clean channel sounds amazing on this. It's clear and loud. The distortion is a bit muddy, but it all depends on what amp head yo have. I'm thinking of replacing two of the celestion G12t-75 for Celestion Vintage '30s which will produce a much tighter sound. Kirk Hammett has the exact same thing, Two Celestion Vintage '30s and two Celestion G12T-75.

Like I said before I play hard rock, blues, and metal and it suits it perfectly. I've been playing for 3 years and I'm not bad. I wish this cabinet came with wheels on it so it would be easier to move around. If it was stolen I would probably buy this cab again but put Vintage '30s in it.

I can depend on this Cabinet no problem! The handles are well put together making it easy to carry it around. I bought it used and it was in very good condition! It is built with solid wood which hopefully wont break. I hope this cabinet will last me years down the road.

This cabinet was made in 2004 I think. It has 4 Celestion G12T 75 watt speakers. It has a (4 or 16 ohm) mono/stereo switching mechanism. Other then that those are the only features of it. I purchased my cabinet used for $678.00 Canadian which is not bad. I recommend people to buy this cabinet if they want to upgrade to a half stack.