1987X review by Marshall

Marshall: 1987X

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a Epiphone Les Paul with stock pickups. And a Fender Stratocaster with stock coils. Both sound amazing. There is just so must sustain and strength to the notes, solos, and chords that I haven't been able to get with other amps EX. Peavey. This amp is every letter of rock and roll. The amp really shines when turned up and gives you natural overdrive, not fake gain. This natural overdrive is second to none. When the amp is low volume and clean, it is also extremely good. Turn the presence down and blues will flow out just fine. One good thing is it doesn't take much to get it distorted so it is a little bedroom friendly, although I guarantee someone in your house will complain because it does have to be a litte louder than a gain controlled amplifier. But that sacrifice is minimal compared to the tone to be witheld.

If you are thinking about this amp and you play Led, Jimi, AC/DC, Wolfmother (might need a pedal), or SRV I am here to tell you that this amp's tone will get 'r' done and more. I am still trying to get enough money to buy my own cab, not borrow a friend's, so I cannot help with cabinet selections, but this head will not disappoint you in the least. Buy a lightly used one off eBay though; don't pay full for this amp when you can get it much cheaper.

Can't rate this yet. Is built rock solid though. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount.

This amp has some versatility, but if you are looking at this amp you have a specific tone in mind. Rock or blues. One channel that distorts and cleans up however you want it. It has plenty of loud! You do need features with this amp, however. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount. And I have to keep writing because UG makes you write a certain amount.

ECwomantoneman
    I might be getting an original (not reissue) one of these I'm pretty excited about it. My Les Paul demands an uber-amp, and I'd say this is it