AVT100 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT100

Purchased from: Guitar Center- Monroeville, Pa

I play a 97' Fender Big Apple Strat with Seymour Duncans and a PRS Dragon II Bass pickup on the neck and a Fender 72' tele custom N.O.S. with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails. This amp puts out the most amazing tone. It has the lows to shake the pictures off the wall and the highs that'll have your head ringing for a week. I'm a fan of lots of pedals, so I usually keep my amp effects set on a reverb, but I do use some of the effects on the amp.

Overall I give this amp a 9.5 ( I took some points off for the back pain you have after carrying this amp up some stairs!) I highly recomend this amp to anyone who's looking for that great sounding amp that'll last for years!

My Fender Deluxe 90 fell over at one of my band's shows and the reverb tank blew and I was out of an amp for the rest of the night. This Marshall is built like a tank and i highly doubt that that would've happened with this amp! I also keep this amp hooked up to a 1960A straight cab and there is no show that needs more volume than that!

This Amp is killer! I previously owned a Fender Deluxe 90 amp and the distortion really sucked bad. I was interested in a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, but I'm only 14 and the price was way outa my league. My friend just bought an older Marshall VS80 and i really liked the distortion it put out. So i started playing through some Marshalls and the distortion was more awesome than I'd ever imagined! If you are a fan of Heavy, Modern, Incubus style distortion and don't have enough money for a Mesa, this amp is for you!