AVT100 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT100

Purchased from: TMC

I myself play a range of styles from clean picked country to hardcore and metal, this amp excells and all, from the twangy snap of a Lynerd Skynerd solo to the crushing distortion of nu and thrash metal bands. The clean channel has a well rounded tone that never becomes too sharp or edgy but has the ability to make your guitar twag alot, the OD1 channel has a wide range of tones, from gental crunch to Zeppelin levels of overdrive. OD2 gos beyond normal Marshall distortion ranges and can acheive the mega power of Metallica and other metal bands. Each O channel has a mid scoop Switch and the clean has a bright Switch.

My overall impression of this amp is amazing, suits most styles of music and beats many other amps 100S better. As a combo it is perfect and pushes out a good hundred watts, but with the option of hooking up a cab this can really oost olume levels, if stolen I would replace immediately ands then hunt the person who took it and have two.

I would take this amp with me to the grave, has never brokn down in the 2 years I've had it, I would gig without backup quite gladly as I have every faith in the quality, the only downside is because of the sturdiness it adds quite a fair bit of weight to it and there fore can be tricky to move.

Mine is a 2005/6 Marshall avt 100. Three channel combo with clean, OD1 and OD2. Built in effects have several different types of referbs delays and chorus effects to name a few. Headphone jack, effects loop and an emulated line-out top this amp off. The AVT series are half valve half solid state and therefore last longer as there are less valves to blow (valve situated in the preamp).