AVT100 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT100

Purchased from: Mountian Music

I use a low buget unknown name Barracuda Stratocaster. There is 3 pickups. One of them is a humbucker pickup which is not bad. I am soon upgrading to a B.C Rich MockingBird. This guitar I have sounds pretty good with the Marshall AVT 100. When I played at a fund raiser I put my amp loud and it made some noise. But it was my guitar pickups. It really depends what guitar you have when using this amp. On the clean channel you can have a blues style of clean, a funky style of clean or a jazz style of clean. When having the clean channel on the setting blues there is a lot of gain and it doesn't sound to good. But just lower down the gain and it should sound good. On the OD1 channel it sounds good. You can pick two differnt types of styles. Funky Overdrive which is perfect for purple haze. And there is MV Crunch which creates a big open overdrive. On the OD 2 Channel it may sound bad depending what guitar you use. There is two differnt types of setting you can pick from, Screaming lead and Heavy, Modern Crunch. The Screaming Lead setting has a rich, natural harmonic overtones that the valve introduce will be very apparent. The heavy, Modern Chruch setting will tear your face off. The gain sounds good. All of the settings of the 3 channels are suggested settings inside the ownners manual. The DFX Mix effect control has 16 different settings from Hall A to Modulation.

I play Blues/Heavy Metal and this amp is perfect for those styles of music. I've been playing for 2 years and I will soon own a B.C Rich mockingbird, and a Barracuda Stratocaster. If this amp was stolen I would buy it agian the next day! I love the sound, effects, and the durability. The only thing I hate about this amp is it dosen't have weels.

You can Depend on this amp no problem. This is a Soild amp! I would use this amp at a gig without a backup because it's so good. The amp has broken down when I was practising once. I tryed hooking up my friends Marshall AVT 150 to my amp and the fuse broke. I wanted to see if you can hook a cabinet to my amp. After I brought my amp to the music store to get it fixed and asked the guy if I could hook up a cabinet to the Marshall AVT100, and he said yes it is possiable but you have to unplug the chord from the Loudspeaker Jack Socket and place a chord from the cabinet to the loudspeaker jack socket.

This amp was made in the year 2000. It is a valvestate amp which is half tubed, half solid state. This amp really suites the style of music I play, which is blues/ heavy metal. This amp has 3 channels: Clean, OD1, OD2, and it includes a DFX Mix effect control. The clean channel is pretty cool. It has a bright Switch which is for a bright clean tone perfect for many styles including funk and country. The OD1 channel is perfect for Classic rock and blues. It features a scoop Switch which is for a tight and foucused sound. The OD 2 channel will blew me away! It's perfect for heavy metal. It features a scoop switch which loads you up with a bottom heavy sound perfect for the detuned, high gain aggression. I mostly play Guns N' Roses and this amp is perfect for it. This amp also features Overdrive tone and a clean tone to adjust the bass, treble, etc.

philbo20
    last week i bought the vox ad100vt,when i used it in my house not cranked up it sounded stunning,then i took it 2 a gig and cranked it up and it was awful,couldn get a nice sound out of it all weekend,iv been using my brothers mg100dfx for the past few months and that sounded so much better,so sticking with marshall iv swapped the vox for this 100avt which i should have gone for in the 1st place,its coming in a few days