AVT150 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT150

Purchased from: http://www.gak.co.uk

I'm currently using an Ibanez GRG270B and I play heavy rock music like the Foo Fighters, it suits my style easily. It can sound pretty much any way you want it. Whether you want nice clean tone with abit of chorus effect. Whether you wanna play fuzzy metal music with high gain and some modulation. What you wanna play, it can do. The clean channel sounds crisp as I said before and at any volume. The distortion just kills everything that moves. This amp can be so bassy and can really make you feel the noise go right through you. An excellent experience.

Over all this amp suits me down to the ground. I have been playing guitar a little over a year and it really has changed me for the better. Before I was a crap guitar player and was trying to replicate my favourite bands and was just getting it wrong. This new amp has inspired me and I've started to write my own stuff. I have used many guitars from Epiphone SG's to Ibanez RG's. This amp is perfect for any style, it is a very reasonable price considering the package. When I bought the amp, I never knew it would be so great, I just thought it was gonna be a step up from my practise amp, I didn't realise the size of it until it arrived, I was skeptical at first that I wouldnt be able to hack it as I looked at the front and saw about 30 different knobs. But its a friendly giant and really does make playing guitar a joy. I would definately buy it again if it was broken or stolen. If you buy this amp, You wont be disappointed.

As most of you will know, Marshall amps are probably the best in the business for reliability. I've had my amp a little over 2 months now and I have test driven it to how I am going to use it. It's been gigged, Its been put in cars and carried around with the occassional knock. I never use backup at gigs because I cant afford another amp as I'm a student. If you take care of it and dont throw it down stairs, it will last a life time.

I bought the amp brand new, it has 4 channels acoustic sim, clean, OD1 and OD2. It comes with a foot switching module which enables you to stomp between channels, it also has some very nifty built in effects such as modulation, delay, chorus, flange and many more. It suits me perfectly as I love to play stuff from heavy metal music to soft rock using the acoustic sim. If I was to say one thing I would add to the amp it would be adding wah to the effects but that is only minor and as I own a wah pedal, it really isnt a problem. My wah and a few other of my effects pedals such as MXR Phase90 and Boss MT-2 pedal are linked up via effects loop and it works really well. I use this amp for practice on volume level 2 but I'm safe in the knowledge to know if I want to crank it right up to 9 or 10 it will blow every one away, I also know if I want to expand and add yet more volume! I can buy the AVT112 cab and add another 100Watts of power to and already truely amazing amp.