AVT150 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT150

Purchased from: chandlers guitars

I'm using it with a Westfield Les Paul and it absolutely rocks it works better with the treble pickup but maybe that's just the sound I prefer. It suits the music I play, Offspring, Metallica, Nirvana, and it works well with all of these. You can definately make it noisy its got 150 watts and this baby cranks you can have it quiet but then it get loud very steaply. It can make a wide variety of sounds there are too many settings for me to be asked to describe but after a few hours it works out easily, lots and lots of variety especially with the effects. The clean channel is very stable and stays clean unless you put a lot of gain on of course. Both the overdrives are good, od1 is more of a punchy overdrive-like what AC/DC used in Back In Black, and the od2 is just a monster of distorted overdrive, perfect for all heavy stuff, but on fairly low setting suits HIM songs well.

I play mainly punk rock, metal and grunge and it definately suits those types and the acoustic sim is pretty good. I've been playing a year and a bit, I use this amp with a Westfield Les Paul and Squier Strat. If it was stolen I would find out who did it ain't drop it on ther head. I just love the whole thing it's such a great amp and it has everything exept wah really so a best buy in my books.

I definately depend on it, this thing is built like a tank. There's no chance your gonna break it and I doubt it would blow up in a gig so I would definately rely on it. It hasn't broke down yet and I doubt very much if it will.

I don't know what year it was made in but it must be fairly recently because it's first hand. It plays great, great clean tone, and overdrive for that matter too. It has 4 channels: acoustic simulator, clean, od1, od2, has an FX loop: 7 effects and 3 reverbs and a headphone jack. I use this as a practise and gig amp, it's good for practising with headphones and volume on 1 so definately enough power.