AVT150 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT150

Purchased from: Bily Hyde Music

I use my Gibson Les Paul with this amp, and it compliments it superbly. This is great for my style of music (mostly rock). It is not a noisy amp, even when running the two fans to keep it from overheating when cranked! Massive variety of sounds, has 16 digital effects, all footswitchable. Being a half valve amp, the harder you Drive it, the more pronounced and better the sound is! I have driven it very hard, up to about 7 on the master and it does not even come close to distorting. Very brutal distortion, especially OD2 on high gain.

As I've stated, I play rock and this amp is great for it. I have played for ten years, and this is the nicest amp I have owned to date! The only let down is the fact it doesnt have EQ for every channel, but you can't have everything and it would have only added to it's already fairly hefty weight! If it were stolen/lost, I would hunt down the criminal and break their legs, and take my amp back. Probably buy another Marshall, maybe not this one but a JCM2000 with a quad box or two.

Owned it for two and a half years, never had an issue with this amp. Played around 100 gigs with this, each and every one without back up. This amp is sturdy, obviously if banged around hard enough, it would break, but hey, what amp wouldn't? Getting a road case built for my it, just for cosmetic and re-sale value!

This amp was made in 2003. I play a lot of styles from jazz, to rock, to metal, and anything in between! This amp has four channels, acoustic simulator (re-creates guitar to give it a shimmering acoustic sound, with a scoop switch that scoops the mids to make it sounds like a jumbo-bodied acoustic), classic Marshall clean, Overdrive 1, and Overdrive 2. OD1 is used more for classic rock, and OD2 sounds thicker, heavier and is better for metal. Both have scoop switches. It has EQ (low, mid, high) for both overdrive channels, and a seperate EQ for the clean and acoustic channel. I frequently gig and practice with my rock and jazz bands using this amp, and it has plenty of power! After all, 150 watts delivers a fair bit of kick! This is the valvestate version, meaning it is running an el34 tube for the preamp section.