AVT150H review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT150H

Purchased from: ebay

This amp head is hooked up to my 1960A cabinet. I mostly play it with my strat which has 3 noisless single coils and it sounds awesome. The only problem is that it picks up every little sound with your playing on the OD's (mutes, string touching). The clean channel only gets distorted if you adjust it so it does. The distortion on OD2 is like death metal. OD1 is more like Hendrix, AC/DC. Acoustic sim. sounds so awesome, it's like a real acoustic but that channel doesn't get very loud at all. I think it doesnt get loud because it is the only channel on this amp that isnt tube driven. It is about as loud as a 60 watt solidstate combo. All the other channels are loud as crap.

I play classic rock and this head is a great match. I have been playing for 9 years with 5 hours a day practice session. I own an American Deluxe Ash Strat, a Gibson SG Standard, Epi Les Paul Standard and many others. If this amp was stolen or lost (how could you lose a head), I would probraly save up for a fully tube amp like a TSL100. I love everything about this amp except how quiet the acous. sim. is. My favorite feature is the 4 channels. Before I bought it, I wanted a Marshall so I compared it to a MG100 and it totaly beat it. I recomend this amp to anyone who wants a great sounding, affordable amp. Also, if you do get this head, I reccomend gettin the Marshall 1960 Cabinet because it sounds and looks better then those shitty little AVT cabs. I got a 2003 1960 cab for $420 bucks so thier not that expensive.

You can definitly depend on this amp its a Marshall. It has never broken down but I've only had it for 1/2 a year.

This AVT150H was made in 2002. It is very vesatile in all styles of music. I play classic rock like Hendrix, Zepplin, AC/DC, Skynyrd. I also play blues and it sounds great for stuff like Clapton. It has 4 footswitchable channels - OD1, OD2, acoustic sim., clean. I use this amp with my band and if I want it to, it can completly block out the drums, bass and everything. It is loud. It has one preamp tube, stereo, 16 effects. The effects aren't that good because they're all different types of reverb except for flange and acouple others. They are adjustible on all 4 channels.