AVT150H review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT150H

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

I use a Schecter C-1 Elite with the standard Duncan Designed HB pickups. As I previously said, it can cope with the variety of styles that I play, however, to me, it sounds only slightly warmer than a solidstate. The good thing about having a valavestate amp, is that yoiu get some of the warmth you'd expect from valves, and when you stop playing, the amp stops making noise.The only noise audible is that of the fan, and a bit of hum of you use loads of effects.

My overall impression of the amp is that, for my style of playing and my budget, this amp's great.It's the best amp I've owned, although not the best amp ouut there. If it were a better guitarist with more money, I'd suggest you go buy a fully tube head like a DSl100 or a rectifier or something, but like I say, I can't afford ahit like that. If it were stolen I wouldn't buy another the same, but I'd say that about any of my gear, I'm always looking for an excuse to buy better stuff.

I suppose I could depend on it, I've played it at very high volumes for extended periods of time, and it's fine. I've had it for a little under a year, and had no problems.I'd gig it without a backup(Mainly cos I can't afford a backup, but also cos it's reliable).

I think this amp was made sometime around 2002, but don't quote me on that, I'm not sure. It's a hefty bugger, with 4 channels that you can Switch between via the footswitch (acoustic sim., clean, OD1, OD2), and because of this, it's a very versatile amp. I normally play metal, punk, hardcore and all that sort of stuff, but when I wanna get m'funk on, this amp copes well with that too. It's a valvestate, meaning that the preamp section is powered by one KT66, and the actual amp section is solidstate.

J-shadow
    ive been playing my AVT150H throught a behringer 4x12 for bout 4 months and it sounds good as long as i dont turn the master volume past half. if i turn it any further it sounds pretty bad it starts to crunch anyone got any suggestions?
    ryno9193
    My dad got a sweet discount at guitar center for this. He seriously bought this thing in perfect condition for a little less than $300. When I played through this for the first time, I felt like I wanted to rape it. It sounds awesome with my Ibanez GRX20, with a Boss Metal Zone pedal.
    Korzack
    Definitely interested in getting a half-stack next & this looks like a batter idea than an MG - I'm not a fan of the contour control on the MG50 I've got at the mo, would rather just have that mid control... Will try 1 out before I consider it though, I need to just start trialling out amps, I never thought it was possible, as they always leave just 1 plugged in! *quite embarrassed with that*... Guess half the time I'm not about trying out guitars because I feel a little under the grill, so it's a similar thing with amps. ThinLizzy_Rocks, looking at the prices, I'd guess India like with the MG's. if it was made in England, there'd be an extra 100 or so to cover the higher labour costs, haha Even if Milton Keynes isn't exactly the finest place to call home.