AVT275 review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT275

Purchased from: a friend

This is a Marshall. It has the Crunch and tone which is all perfect for classic rock, blues, and rock, but this will not be suitable for something like Parkway Drive or All That Remains. With a metal stompbox, however, it sounds just perfect. This thing is LOUD, I have never gotten mine up past 5 and that's where I can sound good with the drums, so it's all you really need.

Classic Rock, Alternative, Blues, and anything of that nature this thing sings. I have been playing 2 years and this baby is all I need. If it broke, I would get it fixed, if stolen I would buy another. I love the sounds and the effects it produces, just a great Marshall.

Very Reliable for me so far, but I don't turn it up so I am not sure if your were a weekend gigger or something of that nature. I am just a home musician that jams with friends every so often so mine doesn't get any abuse. I have had it 2 years and changes the tubes once, which brightened it up considerably. I have gigged once or twice with it so I guess it's quite reliable.

This Amp is filled with many features. It is a hybrid amp(half tube half solid state) so it still has some tube sounds. It features four channels, one acoustic simulator which is O.K. but will not fool anyone into thinking you are playing an actual acoustic. the second is a good warm clean channel, I find it very smooth, and clean to be honest. The clean and acoustic channels both feature small buttons on the amp front that modify your tone. the acoustic has a button labeled "body" which gives you a deeper sound to the simulator, like a jumbo acoustic. The Clean has a "bright" button which cleans it up and gets all the muddy tones out. The Overdrives are great. period. I used to have a line6 and the settings on it were... horribad. This is the crunch I had been waiting for. It features a rhythm channel and a lead channel. The lead channel has a Gain and a Volume Knob which is all you really need, the same for the rhythm. The Overdrives have buttons for a mid scoop which is awesome for nu-metal. The amp has a 3 band eq built in for both OD and clean which is nice. The amp also has built in effects, many reverb and delay models. It's a 2x12 with celestions. It is 150w.

judgey1197
    Is this to loud for standard practice? Im in the process of starting a band so possible gigs in the future.
    deadlydictator
    Cant take a review seriously from a nu-metaller whos been playing 2 years on his squier from his grandma. anyway, i have the amp. was on my way to buy a crate powerblock as a replacement head but saw this mother****er. plugged in with an epi sg and a les paul off the wall since i didnt bring my firebird or explorer to do some tone testing on amps. it sounded brutal as ****. I played some jams on it first then kicked into the heavy mastodon riffage and some necrophagist-esque lead runs. awesome. picked it up for about 400.
    deadlydictator
    just wrote a review, should be approved and posted soon. the only thing i didnt say in it is this amp doesnt take pedals for shit. i plugged in a metal muff and its bad. the best was on the acoustic sim channel, and even then it had a bad hiss. dont get me wrong, the distortion i got off it was mean as ****, but you really need a noise gate for any fuzz boxes you put in front of this beast. havent put any other effects in the effects loop because i dont have any . might actually sell the metal muff because this amps distortion is enough for my needs.