AVT50H review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT50H

Purchased from: Feedback Rotterdam (NL)

I use an PRS Santana SE I, with two humbuckers, and an cheap Strat-copy. It feels like the thing is made for my style, the funky things between the rock and metal riffs. It is a little noisy in distortion, but that's ok. The amp can make a lot of different sounds, it's just turning the knobs heah :) The clean channel can be distorted if you turn the gain on. The distortion is not made for dark black heavy nu-metal, but heah, that's not my style :)

I play for three years now, and I use it with a PRS Santana SE I and a Korg AX100G. (for the little things like flanger). I love the warm sound of clean, that's can be turned to funky clean. I hate it that I can't switch between two overdrive channels. I compared it two a Marshall MG100HDFX and a Hughes And Kettner Vortex stack, both new, but this beast what definitely the best choice for the price!

I think I can depend on it, I would use it without a backup. The amp has never broken down, but heah: only a month heah!

This amp is made in 2000, i bought it just a month ago. I use it with an Marshall MG412A cab. The amp is cool for a lot of styles. I play most the style of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Reggae, ska, metal and funk are also my style. It has two channels, footswitchable. It has an effect loop, an headphone jack and emulated DI-out. I'd wish it had two OD channels instead of one, so I could switch between clean, overdrive and fat distortion. Now I have to use an extra effect for overdrive on the clean channel. I use this amp at home and at gigs, for both it's enough. On gigs I use the DI out, it works!