AVT50X review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT50X

Purchased from: Bandland

I'm using this with a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Fender Telecaster, PRS Tremonti and A Taylor Big Baby. It sounds great, I mostly play Hard rock and metal, some blues. The distortion is fantastic, the clean isn't as good as a Vox or a Fender, but its fine. It makes a slight buzz when not being played through the Telecaster but otherwise there is notmuch sound at all. The clean channel stays clean at all levels of volume. The distortion is what I mainly use, it can be brutal, but it can also be soft depending on how you use the settings, Like I said I play hard rock and metal so the gain is usually set at 9 or 10.

I've been playing for around 7 years and this is the first amp I've bought specifically to gig with, I compared it to a Line 6 Spider 2 210, and I choose this one purely because I preferred the non digital sound. And also to the prick commenting on the last review, it's an opinion so dont call anyone a jackass for giving their opinions. I love this amp and I would probably only upgrade if I was going to be getting a tube amp or a Mesa Boogie, but as I dont have the money this will do me fine.

Well I would and have gigged with it and its been fine, I dont have a backup amp so I have to. I dont think I would ever need a back up with this amp its survived with out damage so far.

2 channel combo with valve preamp and solid-state power amp. Includes extended bass response Celestion speaker, Accutronics reverb, serial effects loop, footswitch, speaker emulated direct out, headphone jack, and CD input. I use this amp for small pub gigs and have used it some clubs and also for home practice. It seems like it has handled them all very well, I didnt need to mic it up for the larger gigs.

Homer F.
    I love this one, ive playing the avt 100X (the old one)at my guitar teacher, it blows me away!
    Strongbow
    I have this amp and i really like it, i dont know what people have against it really.
    benjy118
    I'm getting this amp for christmas, I hape it lives up to its reputation