AVT50X review by Marshall

Marshall: AVT50X

Purchased from: sound control

When I use the amp I use a Fender USA Stratocaster with Fender pickups and it suits my southern rock style perfectly. The amp is not that noisy but if you put the gain over 8 it can get a bit noisy and I have only used my amp in my house so I don't know what environments it is good in. The amp can make quite a lot of sounds which sound perfect but some are not that good with this amp.

I play southern rock style with my guitar and it is a brilliant amp to do it with, I have been playing for nearly 2 years and the amp has never broken down on me. The part that I love about my amp is that it gives you a nice crunchy sound which I love, but the part that I hate about it is there is no middle in the clean channel. I did compare it with other Marshall's but this one just stood out to me.

The amp is very dependable because I asked the shop workers if the amp was dependable and if you could take it too a gig and not bring a backup, the amp has never broken down on me (and I am very glad). If my amp was stolen I would get the same one and be very happy with it.

The amp was made in 2007 in England and is brilliant for my type of style (southern rock) and other styles. The amp has two channels (clean/overdrive) and has effects loop and a few other great things, I do wish it was a bit louder, but that does not bother me that much, I use my amp at home and it defiantly has enough power for me. The amp has gain, volume, bass, middle, treble and reverb on both clean and overdrive but on clean it does not have middle.