DSL15H review by Marshall

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Marshall: DSL15H

I got this amp used, So I have no clue what year it is... But the clean section needs a boost, so I decided to get a Joyo AC Tone pedal to run through it. Made a huge difference. Mainly bc the clean would get dirty and the dirty channel was absolutely filthy. Ways too much gain. What was Marshall thinking? No one uses that much f--king gain. Anyways, once you dial in your settings (via booster; tube swap) whatever, it can a ton of amazing tones. I think the hardest part is taming the RED channel. BC it's f--king crazy. I'm thinking about throwing a couple of 12AT7 in the V1 and V4 position to give this Marshall a f--kin chill pill. Anyways... Sounds great for the money but get ready to get your hands dirty.

Heavyyyy as f--k. I mean this amp get so fucking heavy sometimes I drop it just to let it know that its not the boss of me.

Only had it for about a week so I can't say just yet words. The amp sounds really good... Everything else written below this is going to be bullsh-t. Well I just went to pee, turned out I passed out face first on to a curling iron of my sisters. Lol hahahahahahah damn her for not putting that away. But seriously who just passes out randomly from day to day jeeeesh I mean that's super weird, and it makes me uncomfortable from time to time. All four preamp tubes sound really nice... Especially the V1 position, it glows much brighter.

I play rock, and this amp can for sure do that.

Deermonic
    I have the head. Its a cross between a lunchbox amp and its bigger brothers. The best part is that its pedal friendly. It has a clean channel that is unexpectidly performing extremely well. Combine it with pedals and push it with an overdrive and a distortion, don't max the gain, dial it back, find sweet spots and you can get shockingly good Marshall metal tones even before you try the ultra gain channel. That channel can bring about some brutal 80s metal Marshall tones too. You get a foot switch for both channels. It is a heavy amp both in terms of sound and physical weight for its size. Not many amps this size can use an entire pedal board of effects without a problem. Its a very friendly amp yet not too simple and gives you 8 knobs to play with. I think if you wanted a Marshall forever, this is affordable and really does give you those Marshall tones you have wanted but not all the features.
    marcscottconnolly
    I really love my DSL15C, though I've made a few changes to it, including speaker and tubes. There is one area where I disagree with the top review: the OD channel without modification is both limited in use, with large ranges sounding muddled with a horrible loss in articulation. In short, for most play, you can't dial past 9 o'clock ('3' at best), and even playing hard rock or metal, its hard to get past 12 o'clock and still sound passable. Luckily, you can soften up the preamps pretty inexpensively by swapping out tubes. Do this and replace that E (economy) speaker for a mainstream creamback or better, and this nice little amp may become something you love.