G15RCD review by Marshall

Marshall: G15RCD

I play lots of Rock. Classic rock, Blues Rock, Hard Rock, all that sorta thing. This amp delivers my music tastes perfectly, but it's wide range of tonal options offer many different styles of music. The first gain can be put halfway for a great clean sound, turning it up all the way can provide a crunchier tone. The second gain provides distorsion, and turning up both the gain to maximum will give a monsterous overdrive, but amazingly, it barely makes any buzz whatsoever. It's quite powerful for a 15 watt amp, the volume can be set VERY loud, but since I only need it for practice, the master volume rarely rises above halfway, and even then it makes sure it's heard! The contour tone dial denses the sound together when turned up for a very tight, muffled sound; while turning it down separates sound waves for a cleaner, 70's Rock sort of sound. Reverb is nothing new, but it sounds awesome, very 'realistic' echo of a hall/cave.

As stated I play lots of Rock and this delivers my needs. It's gain and tone dials provide a wide variety of music styles to be played, and it doesn't suffer from any pickup buzz. I've been playing for about 7 months, and this is my first amp, but when compared to other amp's that share it's wattage it really can't be beat. I love the fact that it is compact, but by no means quiet, or dull. I don't think I could have asked for more in a practice amp, but if I lost it, then I probably would have had to pay full price to get another, so I probably would go for something slightly more powerful. If you need a basic, but fantastic practice amplifier then look no further than the Marshall G15RCD.

It definately looks tough and sturdy, and I have bashed it around a bit, but it remains with only a few battle scars. (considering my relative had it for about 5 years before I did)No huge dents or scratches, just minor dings and scuffs. It's probably not wise to use an amp this small for a gig, but that doesn't mean it can't do it; it's definately loud enough! After 6 years it still hasn't broken down on me, one of the wires connected to the speaker slipped off once, but it was easily pushed back on. Very reliable.

Marshall amp made in India, but I'm not entirely sure about the year. 2 Gain knobs allow for quite a broad range of distorsion and overdrive. 3 tone knobs: Treble, bass, and contour; and a master volume and reverb dials. Input jack, headphone output, line out, and CD input. This is my first amp, used for practice, but for a 15 watt amp the volume and gain can be cranked up high and it still remains fuzz-less.