G15RCD review by Marshall

Marshall: G15RCD

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I use an Ibanez 370 straight into the amp. I used to use a Strat, but I ended up loosing it. This amp sounds great with both guitars, whether you play it clean or cranked. I have read reviews where people say it only has one tone and its terrible, but I find using gain 1 to Drive the amps overdrive and gain two as volume, then using the master volume works wonders. You can get a really warm sound this way, even if your playing clean. There is a whole lot of tone in this amp. The overdrive is almost Slash like, just not quite as much of it, its that classic Marshall warm crunch.

I play all sorts of music, blues, rock, indie, punk, rock n roll and this amp can handle it all fine. As long as you remember that tone comes from your fingers and your guitar and not just the amp and are able to listen to the amp and play with the settings then you can get a usable tone for just about anything. If I lost this amp I would definitely replace it with the exact same model. I really do love this amp.

I have had this amp for 6 years, and bought it second hand. The amp has taken a lot of rough and tumble but its still going. It has a very solid chassis. I have had no problems with this amp.

My Marshall G15RCD was made in Korea, not sure about the year, it has two gain knobs, bass treble and contour, master volume and reverb. It has a guitar input jack, headphone out, line out and 1/4" input jack for mp3 players, CD players or computers. It is 15 watts into a single 8 ohm speaker. It has an open back.

rv_phoenix
    The newly added review, submitted by unregistered , is completely rubbish. Not because it throws straight 10s to a rather mediocre amp, but because the reviewer doesn't seem to know a thing about how the amp is actually working: all his remarks are cliches. I think such reviews should be banned, because they don't say a thing.
    rv_phoenix
    howangcturtle wrote: Alot of these amps seems to stop making a sound. Anybody know why?
    Because Marshall has delocated production to Far East and seems more interested to sell crap to fools, instead of selling amps to players.
    hazuing
    It has 7 channels? Great! Really, this is one of the worst sets of review I've reaad. I've played a couple of these amps, and for the price, it's not great. The reviewers don't seem to know anything about amps. I agree with 'rv_phoenix', they just seem to be using cliches about amps in general. Godpfshred mentioned, if you have 200, get this amp. That's terrible advice. If you had 200, there are plenty of solid states better than this, let alone a decent tube amp. I really can't stress how terrible these reviews are.