G30RCD review by Marshall

Marshall: G30RCD

Purchased from: Pawn X-Change

The amp has very good bass tone shape and sound, even when you don't have bass up too high. I'm impressed. The clean has the nice Marshall tone you expect; the distorion has very good crunch on high gain settings, and there's a good sweet spot for cool overdrive tones, too. The reverb works well with a wah setting, but when you bump into the amp when it's reverb is high, it makes this weird shimmer noise. But overall, the amp sounds like a dream on guitar, and the same on bass.

This is a good practical amp. Probably not loud enough for live performing, but the amp has good effects settings for really cool sounds. Coming from a 10 Watt Fender before this, it sounds like God blessed it, but this is a fairly inexpexnsive, yet good quality Marshall. Highly reccommend it.

I got it used at a pawn shop, but it sounds really good to me. The only thing is when the reverb is high and you bump into the siding, the amp makes a weird shimmer noise. It sounds cool, but not when you're playing a metal piece or something. But the amp hasn't broken on me yet, so that's not a problem :D

A great Marshall combo: 30 watts of output, 2 channel clean/overdrive, reverb dial, CD/iPod/auxilary input to play along with songs, headphone jack and open back to store things and access speaker. Works with all styles that I play, like hard rock, alternative, jazz, metal, and slap bass.

klejst
    I bought this amp back in the late 90's after my smaller Park combo blew up. It was the second amp I ever owned and still own and use it to this day. Amazing clean tone from the clean channel and decent distortion/overdrive from the overdrive channel channel, the reverb is alright, shines at high volume at least to my ears. Fairly loud for a single speaker. Great practice/bedroom amp or even small coffee shop gig combo. Never used it for anything bigger however with PA support perhaps it would work. I paid more back in the day however I have noticed these going used for under $100 these days, if you can find one and want something small but packs decent tone it is well worth it.
    evileenz
    This was my second marshall amp that I bought and volume wise I couldn't tell that much difference from the mg50dfx that I had which was loud. after trying the dfx I didn't like the effects (digital pedals or studios are better by far) so I sold that and looked for another practice amp without the effects adding to the price and found this amp.As a bass player I only mess around with guitar and never have any intention of playing a guitar at a gig so this amp was and is the ideal amp for me