JCM2000 DSL100 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL100

Purchased from: ebay

I play with a Gibson sg standerd and an american deluxe Fender strat. It is great for the styles that I play, which I said above. It makes no extra noise, but feedbacks controllably at high volumes (good feedback). It has your typical Marshall tube sound but doesnt't have much more. It's kind of a love-hate thing for most people and Marshall. the clean channel does get a little distorted at high volumes because it is a tube amp and it sounds good. The distortion isnt as heavy as like a mesa but is very heavy and good for metal.

I play metal, blues, and classic rock and this head is a very good match. I have been playen for 4 years and I also own an AVT150H, a Marshall 1960A cab, Fender princeton 65, and too many guitars too list. The only thing I wish I would have asked before buying is about the tubes because I had to replace them because they were worn out when I got it. If it were stolen, I would either buy the same thing or a JCM800 2203. I love the sound and the powere the most and don't hate anything. It's a great product and kicks ass. If you buy it you will love it if you love to play loud heavy or clean rock.

It is very dependable if you give it time to warm up and cool down. I have used it on many gigs and it kicks ass every time with no worries. It has never broken down but sounded bad after I bought it because it needed new tubes so I replaced them. It is a great amp.

My amp was made in 2004. It is very versitile for me because I play blues, metal, and classic rock. It has 2 channels but each channel has 2 options so it's basically 4 channels. For example clean channel has clean and clean with a little more gain by pushing the button. also, the gain channel has really heavy distortion or chrunchy kind like the JCM800s. It doesn't have any effects except reverb for each channel but I don't care because I never use effects anyway. there is no headphone jack because this amp is no practice amp. It's built to scream! I use this amp for school assemblies and band practice. It is extremely loud and I've never had the voume past 4 and I play loud! It is fully tube with 4 power tubes and 4 pre-amp tubes. Keep in mind mine has groove tubes and that might make it sound slightly different with different tubes.

^Slash^
    I was lookin at getting this a few months back. But didnt have enough money, but when I have the $$$$ this or the 900 will be the amp I get.