JCM2000 DSL100 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL100

Purchased from: sam ash

I play a Dean with Seymore Duncan "Dime Time" pickups. I'm in a thrash metal band and this amp really gets the job done. Like I said its a tube amp so after several months it starts buzzing. But with fresh tubes, its perfect. Not too much variety like Line 6 but nothing a few pedals can't fix. It doesn't have the most deadly(Boss MT-2)distortion(which in my opinion is much better. At least You hear when you mess up. Hahahaha). But that's one man's opinion. Jim root and Mick Thompson would hate this amp.

To sum it all up, I love this amp. I actually did compare it to some Line 6 tube amp. The distortion in the Marshall was much more open. The Line 6 sounded like a dog trapped in a cage trying to break out as where the dog in the Marshall broke out and was running off into the open. Eventually I plan on adding another cabinet and keep adding on. Thank for reading this review. Now go play your guitar and get somwhere in life with it. =)

Tubes always come and go so I think that's all self explanitory. Although I don't have a backup I don't want/need backup. Its reliable. I haven't had problems yet except tubes. It takes some work to turn on off though(due to the tubes) which if not turned on/off correctly can affect the tubes life. Basically to turn on hit the power(red switch) let the amp sit for about two minutes(to warm tubes). Then hit standby switch. Next step: SHRED! Your going to want to leave the amp on for about an hour. When your done jamming, hit standbye off. Once again let it sit for awhile. Then hit your power and go do whatever you when your not playing.

Well this amp is now a discontinued item but not that hard to find. Two channels: classic gain(clean)and ultra gain(dirty). Classic gain is very nice. Very rich tone. I love it. The ultra gain channel is super clean compared to that crap Line 6 distortion. But if you like a vey high distortion, this amp isn't for you. Its all tube, although it could be a pain in the ass sometimes, I've always liked tubes better than solid. They have much cleaner tones.