JCM2000 DSL100 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL100

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

It sounds very bright and dark at the same time, a tone I've been seeking for years. I play a Gibson SG Special Heritage cherry gloss finish, with a Boss noise suppressor, Carbon Copy delay pedal, and a tuner. My style ranges from Screamo, to pop-punk, to grunge and to metal. This amp covers it all with extreme prejudice. I feel this amp can cover any genre or taste in music. The clean channel is amazing, I used a Peavey 5150 for years and the clean channel was always subpar. The JCM 2000's clean cuts through the mix better and is alot brighter. If you want some bass just turn the bass up or hit the "Deep" button, makes life so much easier. The distortion is amazing, I'm not a fan of very high gain amps because they tend to sound muddy. I never go past 6 or 7 on the gain but the JCM 2000 holds really well for me around 8

I play mostly screamo, rock, hardcore, metal and poppunk. I've been playin through tube amps for about 3 years. I owned a Peavey 5150 Head and sold it to get this monster! I would definitely replace this amp if it was lost, stolen or damaged. I love the versatility and customization of the sound on this amp. It really suits everything I play. I compared it to several other marshalls and mesas. This one really struck me. The mesa Dual Rectifier is too much for me soundwise. It sounded muddy no matter how much I toyed with it. I wish I had another one!

It's Marshall, I don't think they would let an unreliable instrument out of their shops. I trust this one to last me a while. No its holding pretty well, I bought it used and so far so good. So far I've used it at a couple shows and it has been very reliable. No annoying feedback or hiss like most amps do at loud volumes. And its quiet when I'm not playing (which is a good thing for pauses in songs)

Purchased in mint condition from Daddys Junky Music store. Typical Marshall, great tone for what I play and very versatile. Controls are short, sweet and to the point. It has 2 channels, (Lead 1, Lead 2 on channel B and Clean and Crunch on channel A) The only feature I wish it had is..cant say anything it has everything I've looked for. I use this amp for practices and shows, it covers volume very well and always cuts through the mix. Its 100% tube and so far hasn't let me down!