JCM2000 DSL100 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL100

Clean - The Clean was pretty original and very profound in the sound, I was pretty impressed when playing with it, I heard some gain in it but you gotta turn up the gain a little to make it really go out at a decent low volume, The way I wanted it to go out anyway, it can pulls it off with the gain so you don't notice it so trust me you will be fine with the clean it does great. Dirty/Leads - Yes I enjoy leads the most so I am doing this one first. Now this is pretty good for tone, ZZtop all the way down to some serious metal. This is pretty good, but I have to say I found it less likely to be reliable with my soloing, It can do great solo's but, maybe it was cause of the threshold, where was it coming from? I can't say but I do know I turned my presence up and anything else that could of blocked it, still nope; what can put out a good lead and not sound too blurry on the notes, I would recommend putting something in the effects loop for 'desired' sounds cause I wasn't desired with it just right out from the box with the lead channels so to say, I'm a tone freak, but I play more than tweak. Equalizer - This when added (Yes this has a button option) makes everything more respond as if you have the original tone to mess with, so I would always have it on for that matter, but that's just me. Ultra gain - I was satisfied, and very unsatisfied, This tone was great for searing rhythms and great for those aspects but the lead kinda stood dull a tiny bit, with a good pedal you don't got to worry though I guarantee that but... this amp makes me get a vibe, so I am giving it an 8, the tone is pretty good but so much more can be done and tweaked if it could be, Not to mention that the signature idea is that even if you played the same chord and changed the tone, the tone wont change unless you play it again, very unusual but great idea in some levels. Important: Turn the volume up, if you do, the more the strings will respond a little more from your playing, but expect my experience if you want the volume pretty decent and not too loud.

This Amplifier is good for the price now days, and it can still pull off great things don't get me wrong, maybe its just not the amplifier for me and maybe people might think I'm crazy, but the amplifier is pretty legit for sound, quality is not an issue for the sound, its just the sounds you get out of it, this amplifier is top of the line quality and won't get you down anywhere near that; I wouldn't mind to keep this amp if I paid the used price for it to be honest cause it is worth that deal with its reputation. Now people say if this amplifier was stolen or broken, I would have to say if it was broken I would care to fix this thing, if it was stolen, I would just upgrade if I am gonna spend that much, there is used amplifier prices around it that can sound almost as good as this one, I can't say better, but as good, this amplifier is a dream come true, but this amplifier is only a dream to those who have never tried it out. I hope my review helped, I tried not to be so technical, but Straight to the point about the sound and everything!

Reliability, I have to say this is pretty decent but the construction I feel here when I held it, anything can possibly happen to it, I will say that this an amplifier , treat it with care as much as possible as any musician should and it should be fine, I don't think this should be an issue, back up or no back up, you will do fine.

Marshall DSL50 And DSL100 (My Opinion) - NOTE: I am mainly A Metal guy, I love rock and blues and jazz and stuff, but if anything, its Metal for me. Amplifier: I used this Amplifier To Play In Front Of 2,000 People Including the Owner As the Sound man Who Showed me And Helped it during the show, this is my complete idea on features and sound and I am very detailed on how it will sound. I am a serious musician who plays his music as well. This amplifier is a pretty good deal for the money especially if used now days; This amplifier has an overall equalizer, with channels including ultra gain, crunch and clean with a few leads to add in. The amplifiers reverb is pretty typical aspect quality but good, it also has a footswitch which makes it easy, as well as the buttons you can press to Switch between clean and dirty without the foot pedal which is pretty good for a quick change, it doesn't make a 'Huge' Tone Clean and Dirty change, it fits both channels just right.