JCM2000 DSL100 review by Marshall

Marshall: JCM2000 DSL100

Purchased from: Local Shop

I had used it with the Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups, a perfect match in my opinion, I have played some Peavey and Laney stuff before and in comparison to this Marshall they all sound like horse Shit. It suits my style perfect. As I said before, I can crank it up to eleven without getting noise, unbelievable. The clean channel has a push/pull knob that make it crunchy. The Ultra gain distortion is pretty brutal, maybe not as brutal as a Mesa Boogie but for my hardcore stuff it's perfect, I have the gain knob at six. Had it up to about eleven and got some heavy metal stuff. The sound is awesome!

I play a lot of punk, pop-punk, hardcore and easycore. It's a perfect match. The most common amp for these types of music is the Mesa Boogie dual rectifier, but that amp is super expensive so I tried this one and I am very happy with it! Not sure if I'm ever gona need that amp now that I have this one! If it was stolen or lost I would probably save up for a dual rectifier. I love the tone, the loudness and the easy settings. I don't use any pedals, just my Polytune.

When we practice we practice for about two hours and the tubes seems to get really hot. And I always use this at gigs. If it breaks down I'll use a crappy Laney that I have as a standby, but it seems really solid! Has never broken down, have dropped it twice and never changed tubes! It will last forever!

This is the Marshall I have, I'm not sure when it was made because dad bought it like fiver years ago or something like that. I play a lot of punk, pop-punk, hardcore and easycore, music that is used with gain, and lots of it. It has two channels, Ultra gain, and a clean (that you can crunch) and to be honest I only use the Ultra Gain channel, at least 99% of the time I'm playing. It took a while to get the sound I was aiming for, so it has a lot of options in opinion. I use the amp in our rehearsal spot and its loud, very loud. Crank it up and it's still not noisy.

guy_tebache
    Just bought one of these and an Orange PPC212C. The Head is on backorder though and its 6 days away. Dont know how I'm ever going to survive :/